Children's books

So I ordered Isaac some children’s books today, stuff like Cliford the big red dog and other easy books. What some of your favourite children’s books?

Dr. Seuss. For the love of God, and all that is holy: DOCTOR SEUSS.

Robert Munch has got some good stuff.

roald dahl

http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v159/slimdan/0140309578.jpg

Avoid the Berenstein Bears. My kids have lots of them (and like them a lot) but I refuse to read them. Reason: Mom is always right and Dad is always wrong. It’s actually a running joke in our house. :wink:

The kids and I like these books:http://www.littlecritter.com/

Munch is really good too. The Paper Bag Princess is a classic.

A woman who used to live in Prince Rupert wrote the very funny “The Wild Toboggan Ride”

little critter is the bomb shiznaz as well.

richard scarry…planes and trains and things that go.

This is the only book other than Dr Seuss and Robert Munsch that I remember reading as a young child. As I got older, I read lots of Roald Dahl, including Charlie & The Chocolate Factory (my favourite,) Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, James and the Giant Peach, Danny The Champion of the World, The BFG, Matilda, and The Twits. I think I then moved on to Judy Blume books, and she scarred me for life.

are you there god of freckles? its me, blubber.

yea i used to read babysitters club on holidays, because id rip through all my hardy boys and then read my sisters books. i had a thing for claudia, the hot hawaiian or asian one, i dont remember, but she was the token minority, and had a grama who had a stroke. awww yeah.

I don’t remember who wrote it but my kids loved stories from a book called the Stinky Cheese Man. My boy had a stack of Berenstein Bears at least a foot high, but i don’t remember what my daughter was into.

Do they still print “The Hardy Boys”? Once I wrote a paper in English 12 and titled it Hardy Boys “Chums in the Dark”: repressed homosexuality in 20th century school library offerrings. It didn’t go over well with the principal.

More of a teen’s book, but are there any fans of Tintin here? I remember reading Tintin as a high school student.

asterix and obelix : all the foreign comic goodness, half the homosexuality.

tintin gave me the creeps after a while. he dressed his frickin dog up in a bonnet man!!!

yeah Tintin was creepy. Everyone else looked normal in his books and he had this goofy head.

Favorite childhood book: Julius

Got all the Tintin and all the Asterix books. The latter is the best. Got a lot of Lucky Luke too. Cool Cowboy.

Asterix > Tintin, by far.

My mom read to me since before I can remember and I have not stopped since. Learning to read before I went into school was a great thing for me because it opened a whole new world for me. However, the book I enjoyed the most didn’t even have words. It was this cardboard book that you unfolded and it was this big picture of under the sea. Making up the story was the best thing about it because the story changed every time I read it.

MORTIMER! BE QUIET!

Clang Clang Rattle Bing Bang, Gonnna Make My Noise All Day.

Clang Clang Rattle Bing Bang, Gonna Make My Noise All Day.

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
and the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
and the address of the memory
makes your floppy disk abort
then the socket packet pocket
has an error to report!

When the copy of your floppy’s
getting sloppy on the disk,
and the microcode instructions
cause unnecessary risc,
then you have to flash your memory
and you’ll want to RAM your ROM.