CEO says government is considering selling Ridley Terminals

The Canadian government is considering a sale of Ridley Terminals in Prince Rupert, British Columbia, CEO George Dorsey said Friday at the Platts Coal Properties and Investment conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

thenorthernview.com/news/142965105.html

WHAT?
That would be disasterous for Prince Rupert.

^
It would be GREAT news if it is sold!

Ridley is constantly constrained because of its ties to the government.

[quote=“bthedog”]^
It would be GREAT news if it is sold!

Ridley is constantly constrained because of its ties to the government.[/quote]

Do we really want to chance another corporation coming into Rupert for one of our most stable industries and trusting privatized companies with no accountability to the city at all to ensure our long term prosperity?

This one is a no brainer. Constrained yes. That constraint however has also provided stability. We lose Ridley Terminals we all might as well pack up and move.

Sell it. The government has no business being in business.

Do you honestly think that the federal government gives a shit about accountability to the city of Prince Rupert. Give your head a shake!!!

Could this have something to do with Canpotex?
Maybe it would be easier for them to deal with private enterprise than dealing with Government.

If I’m not mistaken this is what we hung Dan Veniez for…

Say what you like, the terminal has been in operation for what, thirty years under the government ownership? Or longer? That’s a beautiful track record if you ask me.

Who cares sell the friggen thing.

Harper Government #2 fired Dan because he wanted RTI to be privatised. Harper Government #3 now wanted it privatised.

Pretty hypocritical, eh?

Not without its ups and downs. Didn’t it almost went bust a few years back?

It seems that Fortune Minerals may not have been trustworthy in acquiring RTI as they were crying poor over an issue with coal mining in the Skeena and Stikine headwaters area. Now tht RTI is on firm ground maybe now is the time to attract better and more stable investors.

Here’s an old article on the subject…

dogwoodinitiative.org/future-pag … coal_port/

Why sell it? Ridley is a huge employer for this city and this can have a major effect negative or positive.

[quote=“brah”]

Why sell it? Ridley is a huge employer for this city and this can have a major effect negative or positive.[/quote]

Okay I guess my comment was a bit uncalled for Sorry