Cat found 10 days ago

Her name is simply “Tabby”  …   she was found late at night by a friend near the Rupert Hotel.
She followed him home.  The only thing he had to feed her was canned salmon, which gave her the runs…  She really likes Purnia Cat Chow and Truly Canned Foods.  The Canned is just one third - one half of a can.  A neigbour gave her some of another brand of dry food and she got a little sick from it.  So I am sticking with Purnia Cat Chow from now on…  She is a very happy kitty in her new home…

She is beautiful!  Enjoy your new girl!

My cats eat mostly dry food, but I feed them scraps.  They were in/out cats when we lived down south, but now they’re mostly in.  It’s their choice though.  One cat will ask to go outside any day it’s not raining and will stay out a few hours.  My other cat will only go out if it’s super sunny, and will only stay out for about an hour at most, unless we’re outside too.  I think they’re happier inside 'cause of the new dangers here, and because of the weather.  Also, we went from a one storey house without stairs to a three storey house with two sets of stairs, and they seem to love running up and down the stairs and attacking each other and people from the stairs.  And I have cat doors through out the house, so they have access to all sorts of areas (busy, quiet, dark, light, etc)

Rupertguy

I am pleased that you have added a cat to your family. It was kind and generous of you.

Please note however that you are now doomed.  If you don’t believe me, consider:

a) that your first picture shows Tabby relaxing on what appears to be a couch.   In the second, she has obviously taken over your bed!   
b) the other posters’ tales of what their cat will accept as food.

I too have been “owned” by a number of cats over the years and I have tried to serve them faithfully.   

Good luck

Thanks the friend that found her or she followed to his place visits regularly as well.
She seems to expect it and looks for him when he leaves.  He had all sorts of toys for her from his cat that passed away earlier this year. Yes she has taken over my apartment and heart.  I plan to have her spayed shortly and I expect her to be in both of our lives for many years to come.  For food she gets both wet and dry and is so far not fussy.  The dry is purnia cat chow, stick with that, the wet is truly brand from Zellers.  A girl at work told me her cat perfers the store brands…  They are likely made by one of the other bigger names anyway.
She also seems content with her indoor cat status…  :smile:

Well, as mine is sitting in front of me on my computer desk wondering where is brekkie, I have to say your “Tabby” seems very content indeed and I am so happy for you. I am glad too that you are having her spayed as some owners feel if their cat is an indoor only cat it is unneccessary. Please keep us posted as your photos are so sweeeeeet !  Love to hear happy ending stories as there are so many of the “other” kind  :cry:  Gotta go and feed my brute, for the second time already !! LOL

Now you need a cat sitter Rupertguy, who takes care of Tabby this weekend???  I like what the other poster said about you being “owned”, she will take over your bed, your couch and your heart…you are done for now!  Especially since she is your first and you think she can likely be alive with you well into your old age…i can’t wait to meet her and i really hope she likes my dog. 

The lady next door will be taking good care of her, and Tabby can hang out with her cat sometimes too…  Yeah I may be retired with her around. 

Quess What!

Tabby was busy before we found her…She has been doing great in her new home

Tabby had a litter of 4 during the weekend

Homes are needed for into October

It will be her first and last litter…

[quote=“rupertguy”]Quess What!

Tabby was busy before we found her…She has been doing great in her new home

Tabby had a litter of 4 during the weekend

Homes are needed for into October

It will be her first and last litter…[/quote]

Ahhhhhh, Congratulations Grandpa ! LOL They are so sweet! I wish I could take one but my “Sofie” would not appeciate a little sibling and it would mean another kitty to trek across Canada with next spring ! Yikes !! Have fun “rupertguy” and thanks for the update !