Castro resigns

Fidel Castro has called it quits.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/02/19/castro/index.html

Obligatory Simpsons quote:

Fidel Castro: Comrads, our nation is completely bankrupt! We have no choice but to abandon communism!
Castro’s Aide #1, Castro’s Associates: [sigh]
Fidel Castro: I know, I know, I know… but we all knew from day one this mumbo jumbo wouldn’t fly! I’ll call Washington and tell them they won.

-President Bush said Castro’s decision ought to spark “a democratic transition” for Cuba.

“The international community should work with the Cuban people to begin to build institutions that are necessary for democracy and eventually this transition ought to lead to free and fair elections,” Bush said Tuesday in Rwanda. “The United States will help the people of Cuba realize the blessings of liberty.”-

…even though Cuba is poor as hell, doesn’t give Bush the right to think he can take over.
Free and fair elections? Give me a break, if there was such a thing, a fool like Bush would never come to power. “Blessings of liberty” is my favourite line…something that is almost non-existant in this world.

Heh. And of course, America was never meant or intended to be a democracy. The founding fathers did their best to prevent a democracy. It’s supposed to be a republic. Democracy is little more than two wolves and one sheep deciding on what’s for dinner.  :sunglasses:

Next on the list of terrorist havens… CUBA.  The americans best go there and grant them freedom with bombs and guns!

Long live FIDEL !!

Bye bye communist bandit!!!  :imp:

Fidel Castro… a man of enduring integrity and dedicated to the welfare of his people.

If you like communism so much, then why are you in Canada?

I know you’re up to something you communist bandit.