Canpotex

Not that I am aware of.
You related to Wendy Whiner?

Not exactly sure what effect it will have, but CF industries has aborted its plans to take over Terra industries. Apparently they did this to clear the way for Canpotex’s parent company(Agrium) to now take over CF industries.

Full article
ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/1401 … grium.html

BHP Billiton has taken a 240 million step toward a potash mine near Saskatoon.
In the article  it states BHP is considering whether to use Canpotex for its marketing. If they did go with Canpotex it would add 8 million tonnes, mostly destined for Asia.
BHP is also examining potential west coast terminals at this point.
Get on the tele Jacko.

"In concert with the development of the Jansen site, the company is also studying potash transport logistics and the location of a new port on the West Coast from which it could ship the key fertilizer ingredient to international markets, Graham said.

Current potash producers in Saskatchewan, Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc., Mosaic Co. and Agrium Inc., use the provincial potash marketing firm Canpotex Ltd. to transport and sell their product.

Graham said BHP Billiton hasn’t yet decided whether it will go through Canpotex or market its own potash when, or if, the Jansen project reaches the production stage."

thestarphoenix.com/Billiton+ … story.html

Seems like another potential company to consider Prince Rupert for a west coast terminal.

Well I guess we can dare to dream once again. With BHP officially withdrawing its bid for Potash Corp, and with Canpotex signing several long term deals with Asian markets, it is time to cross our collective fingers and hope for the best.

They will likely run from here fast with the natives acting up. They are now blockading a small logging operation in Oona River. What will they do to this project if they don’t get their way with that one too?