Canfisco & Ocean's Fish

Does anybody know why the Canfisco BigHeads are gathered in town with Ocean’s Fish? Supposed to be a major announcement today. Hope it’s good news for a change.

Canfisco Bought Oceans… I bet they’re gonna fire everyone lol, I wonder why I wasn’t informed of this meeting - I’m employed at Oceans

No offense intended, but you said it yourself…you’re employed at Ocean’s. Apparently, they formalized everything with a signed contract. That’s it. Where were Joy and Arnie and the UFAWU? Too close to election time to speak, Joy?

So what was decided? Are they keeping the Ocean Fish Plant open?

[quote=“MrGonzo2006”]

No offense intended, but you said it yourself…you’re employed at Ocean’s. Apparently, they formalized everything with a signed contract. That’s it. Where were Joy and Arnie and the UFAWU? Too close to election time to speak, Joy?[/quote]

I don’t think the UFAWU could have changed anything,companies are bought and sold every day,or where you just looking to take a cheap shot at acouple of people

[quote=“leroy”]

No offense intended, but you said it yourself…you’re employed at Ocean’s. Apparently, they formalized everything with a signed contract. That’s it. Where were Joy and Arnie and the UFAWU? Too close to election time to speak, Joy?

I don’t think the UFAWU could have changed anything,companies are bought and sold every day,or where you just looking to take a cheap shot at acouple of people[/quote]

Wasn’t intended as a cheap shot, but why the silence? If it’s business as usual, tell the public that. If Ocean’s is getting shut down, then that affects their membership and the town as well. Just looking for answers from people that should be in the fishing industry loop.

I don’t think Ocean’s plant is shutting down. A few months ago when this was mentioned they said it would be business as usualy at both Canfisco’s two plants and at Ocean’s plant as well. Unless anything has changed since that original comment was made by Canfiso, I would think everything is remaining open…for now.