Candidates named as nominations close

The nomination period is now closed and the slate of candidates running in the upcoming municipal election has been finalized in communities across the North Coast.

In Prince Rupert former mayors Jack Mussallem and Don Scott will face off for the position of Mayor. There are 15 people running for the six council seats and they include incumbents Kathy Bedard, Tony Briglio, Sheila Gordon Payne, Nelson Kinney, and Joy Thorkelson, and newcomers Anna Ashley, Erika Rolston, George Sampson, Joe Vicount, Mario Castelli, Gina Garon, Gabe McLean, Patty Greene, John Purdy and Jason Shellenberg.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 18414.html

I think it sucks when you have people running for council who live in Port edward, they live there they should run there not here in prince rupert, you all know who i am talking about.

[quote=“HindsFeet”]I think it sucks when you have people running for council who live in Port edward, they live there they should run there not here in prince rupert, you all know who i am talking about.
[/quote]

Simple solution:  don’t vote for that person.

No Herbie?  No Cote?  Forgive my ignorance but who are Jason Shellenberg and Jack Purdy?

At this point my votes go to:

Mayor- Tough one.  I’m not sure yet.

Councillor-
Ashley
Castelli
Garon
Rolston
Kinney
Briglio

John Purdy is the manager of the Grassy Bay gas station now known as Petro Canada. He is a great guy who is always giving to the non profit organizations in the community. He has my vote. :smiley: