Canadian Tire, A n W

Are we getting a Canadian tire here? and AnW?

I gotta ask. What does the “n” stand for?

Mike

A & Rubberchew

Amburgers and Wootbeer.

Yeah, was in Smithers yesterday – how come they have all those great stores, and we can’t even have an A & W?

Cause prince rupert is a shithole :smile:

And you know how I feel about shitholes.

Ooooo Burn!
A&W is only good for their bacon and egger breakfasts, and shakes.
I doubt PR will be getting a canny tire.

I think Canadian Tire realizes they made a mistake putting a store in Smithers. I’m sure that the Terrace’s store’s sales have suffered.

Put another Canadian Tire here in Rupert, and you’ll the Terrace store go down even more…

I have to say thank you to our city staffers and city hall for snuffing out any plans of those kind s of buisness opening here. NOT. ass wipes, I want my canadanian tire and wall mart couse Zellers Sucks ass.

city wants those stores else were. Like any city if you dont start letting people build on the outskirts of town It will not grow to its full petentual, by inforcing new buisness to look at the downtown is a mistake. open up the land out side of town for development. City wants there hands in everyone pockets. we have the highest taxes but nothing realy to show for it.

also why have a fast food outlet when we can have anouther Asian restaurant , has anyone counted how many we have…lol… I love asian food and most restaurants here in rupert are good, but 3 ave is full of them… we need some A and W or Dairy Queen back. I need a triple by pass anyways.

city hall is like the mafia , Hollywood Hurb = Jimmy Hoffa except we now were he is at most of the time. he’sout of town… I say lets vote for Mig in the next election for Mayor…

If anyone here reads the actual Daily News (not the web version,) they have been running an ad for a week I think now, that says “Guess What’s Coming to Prince Rupert” and they have been taking one square away every few days. If you look closely at Thursday’s paper, you can see the sides of an oval logo.

Guess what?? It’s A&W.

the Great Root Bear Rainforest

[quote=“smartass”]If anyone here reads the actual Daily News (not the web version,) they have been running an ad for a week I think now, that says “Guess What’s Coming to Prince Rupert” and they have been taking one square away every few days. If you look closely at Thursday’s paper, you can see the sides of an oval logo.

Guess what?? It’s A&W.[/quote]

I thought it was Ford.

I wouldn’t dare put two big-box retail stores in town, it will destroy local businesses. That’s why Vancouver don’t want Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart is evil, they treated their employees like slaves.

[quote=“A-Dub”]

[quote=“smartass”]If anyone here reads the actual Daily News (not the web version,) they have been running an ad for a week I think now, that says “Guess What’s Coming to Prince Rupert” and they have been taking one square away every few days. If you look closely at Thursday’s paper, you can see the sides of an oval logo.

I thought it was Ford.

I wouldn’t dare put two big-box retail stores in town, it will destroy local businesses. That’s why Vancouver don’t want Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart is evil, they treated their employees like slaves.[/quote]

Zellers still sucka ass!!! And thats all we got.

Wal-Mart = EVIL EVIL EVIL AMERICAN IDIOT!!! :imp:

[quote=“A-Dub”]

I thought it was Ford.[/quote]

ooooh I never thought of that. But I did think that everyone knew Totem Ford was opening a small satellite dealership here… so I figured that wouldn’t be big news. Not that A&W would be big news, but they did have an ad in the paper a while back looking for someone to purchase the franchise.

Yeah, a Wal-Mart in Terrace is close enough. Lets go for something that no one this side of PG has… like a Future-Shop or A&B Sound. Then all the furniture places in Rupert can stop selling electronics to people at OUTRAGEOUS prices.

[quote=“smartass”]

Yeah, a Wal-Mart in Terrace is close enough. Lets go for something that no one this side of PG has… like a Future-Shop or A&B Sound. Then all the furniture places in Rupert can stop selling electronics to people at OUTRAGEOUS prices.[/quote]

good one… I love going there and bugging the sales guys and people buying TV’s telling them they should not buy TV’s as there going the way of the dinosaur .
they should waite till end of the year to buy HDTV… People are so stupid, there like “but this Tv is only 400.00 dollers” ya thats right couse they dont make them anymore.lol…and the sales guy is like pushing this and dont realy care… I get dirty looks from the sales guys all the time for speaking up…lol…too funny… HTDT plasma Tv 2 years ago $10,000 dollers now $2,500. 32 TV 2 years ago 1,500 now 500.00 I wounder why…

thug,

I don’t get your point! If a great TV is at a good price, why not? HDTV maybe great but is still quite expensive. You’re attitude is like going into a computer store and telling people not to buy because better computer will be around in a year. A person who follows such advice will never buy a computer!!!

I always found it funny when I was in high-school, most of the kids were
talking about going to wal-mart or some fast food restraunt that isn’t here. Then on Monday they’d tell their lil’ buddies what they got their, if anything
local business is already a joke. Such as the two barber’s who are beside
each other, then the flower shops that are less then a minute away.

Besides what local businesses do people really go to often? Cowpucinnos? “WOOO Over-priced coffee”. Extra Foods? Sorry that’s a corporation, The Source? Who wouldn’t wanna punch half of the employees their?

The last time I checked a local business is one that is in only one city, and to
be honest the ones that are local don’t offer a whole lot. At least that you
can live on of course. Bigger businesses might just help Prince Rupert, cause unless if you can get over-priced peice of shit coffee at Wal-Mart you havn’t much to complain about.

BigThumb

lol
at the end of the year all tv stations will be HDTV …or should be that will mean you little square Tv at a great price will not be capadible…with the new format…Only in the americas can u buy a TV as most european country’s have switched to HDTV…they dont make reguler TV anymore…what’s not to get…