Canadian law

Of course the Canadian Parliament writes the laws in this country however MP’s are more often than not LAWYERS.  But the point I was trying to make earlier is that lawyers ultimately stand to gain from the premature release of these criminals.  There is a lawyer that stand on each side of a criminal…the defence and the persecution (crown) and also a former practising lawyer…the judge.
So–as you can readily notice-- criminals keep the “JUSTICE” system going.

[quote=“WhatTheHack!!”]
Of course the Canadian Parliament writes the laws in this country however MP’s are more often than not LAWYERS.[/quote]

If by “more often than not” you mean “less than 20%.”

A large (very large) majority of MPs are not lawyers.

Certainly defense lawyers want the best possible outcome for their clients.  That’s their job.

But you’ve yet to show how the crown or the judges want the same thing. 

It’s like saying that hockey games are rigged because both teams are made up of hockey players.  They’re not impartial.

I don’t generally stick my two cents into anything, but you can either complain bitterly about Canadian laws and country…

Or you can come try my existence as a New Yorker for a few days. quiet smile

Please remember to be grateful for Canada and everything that it means to and for you. You could be an American. It can ALWAYS be so much worse, hmm?

… lol

[quote=“Lili”]
Or you can come try my existence as a New Yorker for a few days. quiet smile

Please remember to be grateful for Canada and everything that it means to and for you. You could be an American.[/quote]

Have some pride in your nationality…

PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN

Charles_T:

To be fair, just because one points out the overflowing benefits of living elsewhere (Here, as opposed to the US, in her view), doesn’t mean that same person feels no semblance of national pride. Pride is often blind. I’d sooner see people appreciative, humble and gracious, whatever their circumstance, wherever they are.

smile I have more pride in my country of birth and life than I generally share. I support what America was -supposed- to be moreso than what it -is-, though. My point was merely that one should be grateful for what is. It can Always be worse.

I just can’t believe all these juvenile comments/replies I read.
LILI…you aught to be the biggest knit twit I’ve come across in a long time and if you are the one on the picture than I rest my case.

Why thank you! Next time, though, try a better insult. Big words help. sweet smile

I see that everyone is getting into the festive season

Is that why they keep trying to make laws that won’t make it past the first court challenge?

Yeah!  Reminds me of the time when Mulroney was slamming Newfoundland premier Clyde Wells for his criticism of the Meech Lake Accord.  Mulroney said something like “What does Clyde Wells know about constitutional law anyway?  He’s acting like he wrote the constitution!”

Of course, Clyde Wells is a constitutional lawyer, who um… was part of the team that wrote the constitution.