Camcorders

I’m thinking about buying a camcorder. A few questions come to mind as I am researching the different products. Maybe some of you will be able to help.

1. SD vs hard drive. What is your experience with this?

2. HD vs standard def. Do I really need to pay more for HD?

3. Time per GB. How long can a camcorder film for each GB? I’ve read something like 4-5 GB for an hour of footage and about half an hour for HD footage.

4. Brands? JVC, Samsung, Sony and Panasonic are brands I see often. Which do you like for camcorders.

Hi I have had a number of Prosumer Camcorders over the years, HD Mini DV to My canon LX-200. I switched to the Kodak Zi8 and a Kodak Playsport with wide angel lens. the reason I love these little HD Video Cameras is no tape, just throw in a 32 gig SD card or what ever size you want and your ready to go. when finished upload to comp and off to your fav social site. I use my canon HD mini DV for wildlife and the kodak’s for the kids in the yard, playing in the parks or at the pool… the Kodak Playsport is water proof. anyways

depending on the camera and the situation HD but a high end prosumer canon XL would be fine.

hope that helps out a bit.