Cable's out?

Anyone else having trouble with their cable? My TV with the PVR is “currently off air, please check back later” all afternoon. Tried to phone Citywest and choose the TV assistance options and the phone immediately hung up and gave me a busy signal!!! Should I take that as a hint?!

everything is fine here did you try unplugging it ?

the people that work nights and weekends for city west call center are great if you need them

I had the same problem this morning. Couldn’t figure out what the problem was because the digital box in the bedroom was working but the PVR box in the living room said temporarily off air, so tried rebooting it and that didn’t work so I phoned CityWest. She told me that they were having problems with some of the signals but was able to reboot it from the office. It works fine now. I’ve read on Facebook that there were a lot of folks in the same boat. I imagine their phone system was overloaded with customers calling. I believe they have an after hours call service.

Chris at CityWest told me everyone in PR would probably have one box out.

Mine’s currently stuck on the splash page, four bars short of booting up. Previously I was getting “Temporarily Unavailable” on all channels.

I was persistent and waited until my call was answered…only 50 minutes!!! Had to be rebooted from the office, took only a minute. Sounds like they are going to be working well into the night!!

Ditto, both mine are out too.

Apparently the issue is due to a system updating that CityWest was applying. Several digital boxes are not responding to the “update” and thus the outtages…it looks like many of the older models are the ones not working.

Hi people:
For some reason the nice folks at city West don’t seem to be answering the phone just now.
Can anyone tell me if I have to report my digital cable outage or will it be just fixed in the
fullness of time?
Thanks.

[quote=“97 B-LINE”]Hi people:
For some reason the nice folks at city West don’t seem to be answering the phone just now.
Can anyone tell me if I have to report my digital cable outage or will it be just fixed in the
fullness of time?
Thanks.[/quote]

You could always call City Hall, ask for Bob

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … board.html

So if you phone in to talk to City West you will get a message in the Cable Tech dept that says there is currently a problem with the digital cable in Prince Rupert and technicians are working on the problem. Are we all getting some money back on our next bill? That is my next call. I have been out of service totally since the 14th…and can not have an appointment until the 24th…

If ur persistent on the phone or in person they will refund u money on your bill. I had an internet problem and they recouped me for my down time. Overall we should be happy for the services we have even though we are do for a Citywest rant on here.

The only problem that anyone should have now is the unavailability of the On Demand service. Apparently they’re waiting to get a part which might take a week or two. If you’re unable to view channels, then you might want to have their office reset the DVR. I had a very short on-hold wait just recently.

I would just email them...citywest@citywest.ca (this way seems to be WAY faster than calling).

Give them your name & service address and tell them which cable boxes are out (by colour). They will do a remote reset.

They will send you an email back when they have reset your service.