Buying my first car

Knock knock? :wink:

The GM 2.0L SOHC transverse engine has 96hp, like the one in my Sunbird.

My Cavalier is rated at 140 horse stock.

ok so i didnt get the preludeā€¦ but i may be getting a 1993 eagle talon tsi just have to get it inspected to make sure the turbo is all good and other things are good and ill have my first carā€¦ i hope

I want to buy my first motorcycle.

Ive been thinking about it for years. Ever since I missed out on an auction of a Harley Sportster by only a few hours years ago Ive wanted a bike. My mom rides and my stepdad both have harleys and ride.

Anyone got or know of something for sale? I dont care really what it is. As long as its a cruiser style bike. Like a Suzuki Intruder or Honda Shadow style. My wife wont let me buy a Harley which both my mom and step dad have but hey I need something to get my license on at leastā€¦

Iā€™m willing to pay like up to 3 grand or so.

PM me here.

Eagle Talon? Money sink.

Have fun spending loads and loads of money on it, I donā€™t care how good of condition itā€™s in.

Iā€™m glad i bought a hondaā€¦

My first car was a Mercury Topaz, which was a peice of shit rust bucket, and had loads of problems from the getgo. I had to put a new starter and battery in it, as well as new rotor/cap, sparkwires and plugs, and lastly i put a new CV joint and bearing in it, for a grand total of $1100 on a free car. Lasted me 3 months then the transaxle broke off. My current ride is the one in my Avtar, 1988 Mazda B2200. It has 260, 000km on it, and still runs great. Not much for horsepower but it keeps going. So far iā€™ve put a new starter and swapped the battery out with the old one from my old car. I also put new rubber on it, as for the rest of the truck expentiture, i built a sound system for it. The truck came with a $600 canipy, and the total price was $1000 for the truck when i drove it away. It had a bit of rust which iā€™ve fixed. the frame is in excellent condition which is rare with these B2200. Itā€™s also an Automatic with the 1/2 ton suspension, another rare feature on this truck.

i just got a 2004 optra5 (my first), bought it new in terrace this past december. used cars are too much hassle imo.

it was kind of funny because it was a manual transmission, and i had no prior experienceā€¦so after a quick session with the salesman i was on my way back home. took me 2-3 days to start driving it around town.

Wooo, just installed nitrous!

Zoom Zoom WMV

Bring out the VTEC Jason!

Nitrous? No joke? Wowā€¦ hahaā€¦

I just picked up a POS '88 Mustang LXā€¦ haha, itā€™s sweet. I love it cause itā€™s shitty. Going to do the body work and get it painted. Scored a second Mustang for free that Iā€™ll be using for parts. I wish I still had that 5.8L V8 kicking aroundā€¦

J/K

[quote=ā€œrangerwreckā€]Nitrous? No joke? Wowā€¦ hahaā€¦

I just picked up a POS '88 Mustang LXā€¦ haha, itā€™s sweet. I love it cause itā€™s shitty. Going to do the body work and get it painted. Scored a second Mustang for free that Iā€™ll be using for parts. I wish I still had that 5.8L V8 kicking aroundā€¦[/quote]

Mustangs are fun.

Since Iā€™m assuming youā€™ve already got a daily driver, you should rebuild the thing. A guy from Terrace bought an '89 Mustang LX from Terrace, rebuilt the engine and painted it and my friend bought it.

You know sasquatch_ryda from the Ranger Station? His girlfriend bought itā€¦ itā€™s fast :smile:

Thatā€™s fucked, I do know him from TRS!

I picked up the 'stang cause I needed a cheap ride home. My Bronco II died so I traded. We were parked at the Burger King parking lot in PG, getting some grub before the haul back to Rupert, my alternator was reading 18 volts and the oil pressure was at zero idling. Not to mention the huge pool of fluid that collected on the ground in about 2 minutes. Oh, and the bottom end knocking.

I canā€™t believe we made it home. Clutch pedal broke half way. It was fun double clutching without a clutch and doing rolling starts in 1st gear.

Within a day though, I picked up a free ~'85 with all the parts I need and a very nice motor to boot. Iā€™d like to have this POS with new paint in a couple weeks here, and get the new motor in shortly afterward.

Iā€™m thinking red with white racing stripes. Grroooowl.