Buy yourself a snow shovel

Looks like we’re going to get in some snow shovelin’ by the end of the week!

theweathernetwork.com/weathe … _savedcity

[quote=“Smurfette”]Looks like we’re going to get in some snow shovelin’ by the end of the week!

theweathernetwork.com/weathe … _savedcity[/quote]

Shit !!! I’m flying outta here on Sunday… I hope.

[quote=“My2cents”]

[quote=“Smurfette”]Looks like we’re going to get in some snow shovelin’ by the end of the week!

theweathernetwork.com/weathe … _savedcity[/quote]

Shit !!! I’m flying outta here on Sunday… I hope.[/quote]

LOL, hope they’ve sorted out this bit of trouble then.

http://forum.hackingthemainframe.com/t/airiport-money-saver-dont-clear-the-runway/14489/1

[quote=“Smurfette”]

Shit !!! I’m flying outta here on Sunday… I hope.

LOL, hope they’ve sorted out this bit of trouble then.

http://forum.hackingthemainframe.com/t/airiport-money-saver-dont-clear-the-runway/14489/1[/quote]

yup…the crew at Digby were awaiting a part for the plow…all parts are installed and were good. Visibility is a bitch, that’s my concern… thanks

yup…the crew at Digby were awaiting a part for the plow…all parts are installed and were good. Visibility is a bitch, that’s my concern… thanks

So this is perhaps news (cue the Northern View et al to pick up a pencil) does this mean that the infamous snowfall event above was made worse by non working machinery at the Airport?

Cause if so, that’s some pretty bad planning on the airport’s part, really stocking spare parts should kind of be part of the plan for something as important as equipment.

Weather events are one thing, equipment issues certainly something else.

Please to expand if you can.

it’s what he said in passing, so I have no comment on what they do for equipment parts over there or who is responsible for the maintenance.

Prince George Airport gets plowed. Why I even heard the Mayor and Council were at the airport going "Whoah! What’s that big yellow thing with the blade on it? "

1. Pureheart posts that “This morning’s Air Canada flight … couldn’t land! Runway not cleared! Had to divert to Prince George” Thread starts with people poking fun at the sight of one guy and a shovel trying to clear the runway.

2. “Flyman” posts, saying that “i find it amusing how little people find out about a subject before they complain and spout off on a subject… Terrace Hawkair flight was diverted to Rupert yesterday … where are all of the complainers now bashing the Terrace airport and its staff with their shovel.

3. Me: Wondering if this was complaining about the weather, or was there really a lack of any snow removal.

4. Oldymoldy wonders “When the captain announces that the run-way is not clear and there is a beautiful blue sky…one has to wonder what prevented the plane from landing!

5. Shay clarifies (twice) that 'The issue was sheet ice under the snow. Once it was plowed, it flash froze."

6. Dex effectively calls bullshit, pointing out the actual recorded weather conditions that day. No response from those who blamed this on the weather instead of the absent snowplow.

7. In this thread My2Cents mentions that “the crew at Digby were awaiting a part for the plow”

I love Prince Rumour.

So, is the truth that the plow was broken that day? If so, why not just say that? Did someone try to spin it as something else (ie: ‘flash frozen’ ice?) despite the evidence to the contrary?

[quote=“My2cents”]

yup…the crew at Digby were awaiting a part for the plow…all parts are installed and were good. Visibility is a bitch, that’s my concern… thanks[/quote]

Doesn’t make sense, if this was the case why wouldn’t the Airport inform Air Canada the runway would not be available? I could see a mechanical breakdown, but not waiting for a part.