Butze Trail Morons

I recently heard of another person walking there dog around Butze and being followed around by a wolf. So someone from the ministry or wherever came and ‘disposed of’ the wolf. I just dont understand why the wolf had to be taken away and killed. There are signs that say not to walk your dog on the trail or its unsafe to walk your dog or walk your dog at your own risk…or something along those lines. The wolf is in its natural environment on a nature trail when a person comes through with a dog on a leash(or not). What do you think the wolf is going to do. Its a wild animal which eats other animals and a dog on a leash is an easy meal. So people who are stupid enough to take there dogs on the trail should just have to deal with a wolf in its natural environment. If you dont want to deal with the wolves walk your dog around town. Nobody feels bad for you if you get chased or if your dog gets eaten/attacked. We feel bad for the dog because its owner is a moron.

Would you go swimming in the ocean with a piece of tuna around your ankle and not expect to be possibly attacked by something?? Well its the same thing as walking your dog in a wolf’s natural habitat. Maybe we should ‘dispose of’ the owners and not the wolves as they are the ones causing the problems. Ive walked Butze hundreds of times and never had a wolf follow me. Use your heads people, maybe the signs at the head of the trail are there to be read and not ignored.

moron who atarted this post…

cmon do you actually think the mounties and conservation officers actually " took the wolf away and killed it"… how do you think they lured it away? a tbone a pork chop or chiuahua?..

the wolves are following people as well …lots of young kids walk that trail also…

I never said the conservation officers “took the wolf away and killed” so dont quote me saying that. I realize kids use the trail and the wolves follow people as well…it also happens on the golf course. The point is we are in there territory. Its not fair to kill a wild animal for being a wild animal in its home. If the wolf is roaming the streets killing dogs in peoples back yards its a totally different story.

I personally know the person who was out there with her dogs and was followed around the trail by the wolf. She called 911 and the RCMP and the conservation officer showed up. It was the conservation officer who decided to kill the wolf and the person with the dog didn’t expect this to happen. The conservation officer told her that the wolf needed to be killed because he would follow people again and eventually attack them.

That’s what happens when you call the conservation officer. What did you think he would do? Lull it to sleep with a Crocadile Dundee lullaby, rub its belly and carry it off to Never Never land while it’s sleeping?

Conservation Officers kill. These days it’s pretty much all they do. I don’t see where the “conservation” comes in. Ask about the mother and cubs that were shot dead around Terrace because someone called the Conservation officer (a rumour I heard).

If an animal is stalking people then it needs to be put down.

That begs the question, was the wolf stalking people or had it associated people with roasts on a rope?

Regardless it was a danger to humans in a public park. I’m against senseless killing of animals but if an animal is a danger to people it needs to be put down whether its a domestic animal or a wild one.

Is it sad? sure but thats life.

I was upset they shot a cougar near the High School here in the fall.
Knowing “prey” is the most fitting qualification for about half the students who go there.

[quote=“jesus”]
Regardless it was a danger to humans in a public park. I’m against senseless killing of animals but if an animal is a danger to people it needs to be put down whether its a domestic animal or a wild one.

Is it sad? sure but thats life.[/quote]

Agree for the most part but the smallest word you used becomes the biggest, if. Danger perceived by who? The expert on that decision was… a conservation officer who only responded to the call. I imagine he is asssumed to be an expert or such, on animal behaviour.

I know, let’s not wait for something to happen only then to respond. If only we could get the wolf to talk, I’m sure he would expand on his intentions and put our minds at ease.

[quote=“jesus”]

Is it sad? sure but thats life.[/quote]

I agree too, that if it’s following people it needs to be dealt with, but this person was with a dog and the wolf was most likely more interested in the dog then the person. There are numerous signs that warn people about bringing dogs to the area. Also is butz is a public park?

But then again, if you are fishing at cloya bay and a black bear comes out near me should it be killed ?

What a crock of BULL!There are way more people and kids attacked by dogs than wolves,shoot the people I say,for being stupid,you are in the wolves domain.And then there is all those attack deer we have wondering around,same solution?

Bottom line, there are SIGNS warning of wolves in that area and not to bring your dogs ! SO bring your dogs then who is the responsible one in this scenario? You are taking a risk, why should an innocent animal suffer because of it? Bullshit, animals are to be respected, that is their territory, not ours. Read the signs people and leave your dogs at home!

Perhaps the signs need at the trail head need to be more specific. A lot of people think they’ll be okay if they encounter a wolf, but don’t think about what consequence it might have for the wolf itself. The woman who walked her dog out there last Friday and caused the wolf to be killed didn’t think that calling 911 would result in the wolf being taken down. She felt terribly sorry.

What would you suggest?

[quote=“Cst. Ferman”]

What would you suggest?[/quote]

Kind of like “A fed bear is a dead bear” or “Please be advised that any encounter with wolfs on this trail may result in the animal being destroyed. Please leave your dogs at home as they attract wolfs”

Is that clear enough?

[quote=“jees”]

What would you suggest?

Kind of like “A fed bear is a dead bear” or “Please be advised that any encounter with wolfs on this trail may result in the animal being destroyed. Please leave your dogs at home as they attract wolfs”

Is that clear enough?[/quote]

I didn’t say that the sign was not clear to me. What IS clear to me is there are ARE wolves there and there ARE signs POSTED. If one wants to fuck around with their domain and showing signs of illiteracy along the way, it doesn’t matter what you spew, Jees!

If one wants to fuck around with their domain and showing signs of illiteracy along the way, it doesn’t matter what you spew, Jees!

What do you suggest?

[quote=“jees”]

What do you suggest?[/quote]

I don’t.

How about a bylaw / law that states if the person trekking in such danger areas “with” their animal and a) Wildlife must be “CULLED” (see other thread!) and b) Conservation Officers or RCMP are called to assist then: The owner of domesticated animal will 1) Be subject to fine totalling no less than the cost of emergency personell and destruction of animal where applicable 2) May or may not be subject to seizure or euthanization of domesticated animal.

Seems only fair I would assert. That’ll teach hapazard, ignorant people from walking or partaking in activities that pose a danger to their animals. I think that people who venture into the bush should be educated enough to understand how to fend off all but the worst animals and have the proper equipment and life skills to do so.