BUSH or KERRY?

Not that the Canadian electoral system is much better.

Not much difference between first-past-the-post and the electoral college, in my opinion.

If we have 10 candidates running in a riding, one can win the riding by just having 1 vote more than your opponent, even if it means having 10-11% of the vote.

I think this is where the registering of a person’s political stripe comes in. Not that up on the republic’s voting system, though.

Can we invoke Godwin’s Law on your avatar?

not MiG! not MiG!

i really dont feel like explaining the reasons why bush is bad for …drumroll here… THE WORLD. he might not be pissing in your cornflakes today, but its him and his PNAC asshole friends who, given the power, will be training a firehose of concentrated urea into the cornflakes vat at kelloggs headquarters if they get another 4 years.

if you cant see why this jackass is a NEGATIVE influence on the world, then, have fun with your life, i really have nothign else to say to you.

[quote=“Soggybot”]

I think this is where the registering of a person’s political stripe comes in. Not that up on the republic’s voting system, though.[/quote]

read about it then. i know more or less what i’m talking about. registering someone as a democrat or republican only matters during the primaries, where you get to choose your parties candidate.

I was agreeing with you.

Highest gas prices ever, thanks to Bush.

BC economy sucks, in part, because of Bush’s softwood lumber bullshit.

[quote=“MiG”]Not that the Canadian electoral system is much better.

Not much difference between first-past-the-post and the electoral college, in my opinion.

If we have 10 candidates running in a riding, one can win the riding by just having 1 vote more than your opponent, even if it means having 10-11% of the vote.[/quote]

is it the std system the citizens assembly recommended? couldnt they have thought up a better name???

edit : i realize that, i meant to call eso the troll. and stuff. i should learn to use quote more betterly.

No, the system the Citizen’s Assembly recommended would be great – it’s sometimes called “instant runoff” and it would mean never having a wasted vote. In order to win a seat, a candidate would need to have more than 50% of the vote.

“First past the post” means that whoever has the most votes in a riding wins, even if it’s not a majority. Which tends to split votes, keep out smaller parties, etc. It’s our current system. It sucks. Most of the civilized world has moved on to proportional representation or instant runoff.

bring bring i remember posting something about the citizens assembly before…

http://hackingthemainframe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2549&highlight=citizens+assembly

i wonder if anyone from Rupert got in on that…

don’t click if you’re easily offended
fsjames.com/rick/election.jpg

http://hackingthemainframe.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/11583/normal_Kerry%20Sucks%20More.gif

TheOnion.com: US Finishes a “strong second” in Iraq War.

theonion.com/

dude i think they got it wrong, even poland beat them.

Didja know the Germans took more casualties taking Poland than they did taking Holland, Belgium, Luxmebourg and France?

-uselss tidbit #A0BF37778C4

And the Polish paratroopers were the most successful airborne forces in WWII.

Told a Polish joke to a French guy, and he’s like “why would you tell Polish jokes? Polish people are intelligent. You should be telling Belgium jokes.”

How did we get Polish jokes in North America anyway?

Also, how many French soldiers does it take to defend Paris?

Polack just rolls off the tongue. Java. Salsa. Polack.

you should get a better quality avatar

ran out of ideas…

something with a bird would be cool i bet, birds are hip, and in.