Burning DIVX to DVD

Is there any way to take a DIVX file or something similar and convert it to a format that you can burn to a DVD and watch on a regular DVD player?

Why waste hours converting video to a bloated mpeg format when you can play your divx/xvid compressed avi files on one of these?! I didn’t mind the encoding times that much, since I let that go on while I was sleeping, but the play time per DVD really annoyed me. I can fit 2 or 3 seasons of DIVX futurama on one DVD, OR 4about 5 episodes per DVD in Mpeg format.

Buy on of these

To answer your question though, I think Nero does it. Also, check out a program called Ulead DVD Movie Factory if you want to create menus and whatnot for your stuff… For others, search google for DVD converter or AVI to DVD… there are tons and tons of small utilities that will create your .vob files and whatnot for you… Seriously though, Divx compatible DVD players are the shit, and they pay for themselves pretty quick with the money saved on DVD-Rs.

Get mplayer/mencoder for windows :wink: A little googling should bring up some results.

Here is a good one too, Video Convert Master 2.8. :smiley:

Buy a phillips dvp642 it will play divx I bought one and its great.

Honestly man, every time anyone ever brings up the “how do I convert a divx avi to an mpeg2 dvd?” question, I hate how everyone just responds “Buy set-top DVD player X, it’ll play DivX”.

Personally, even though it is ridiculously time and space intensive, I would much rather convert to MP2 and burn a disc, because now, I can take it anywhere, and as long as the DVD player can physically read a DVD-R or whatever, it’ll play.

Like, if I wanted to lend/give someone a DVD, I know it’ll work.

Anyhow, even though it wasn’t great, I used an all-in-one program called Sonic MyDVD… I tried to mess around with some freeware command-line apps with no success, and that one will let you make cheesy menus and shit, as well as handle the conversion.

[quote=“Eso”]Honestly man, every time anyone ever brings up the “how do I convert a divx avi to an mpeg2 dvd?” question, I hate how everyone just responds “Buy set-top DVD player X, it’ll play DivX”.

Personally, even though it is ridiculously time and space intensive, I would much rather convert to MP2 and burn a disc, because now, I can take it anywhere, and as long as the DVD player can physically read a DVD-R or whatever, it’ll play.

Like, if I wanted to lend/give someone a DVD, I know it’ll work.[/quote]

because encoding isnt time consuming :unamused: to each their own I guess I am very happy with my choice of players however I will be building a “media center” when I buy my house 8)