Buckley leaves National Review after Obama endorsement

A Buckley supports a Democrat?!  I guess flying pigs are next:-)  Interesting times indeed.
The final showdown between Obama and McCain is on tonight. :smile:

quote — Christopher Buckley, the son of conservative icon William F. Buckley, said Tuesday he’s resigned from the conservative National Review days after endorsing Barack Obama’s White House bid, among the most powerful symbols yet of the conservative discontent expressed this election cycle.

In an online column, Buckley said he had decided to offer his resignation from the magazine his father founded after hundreds of readers and some National Review colleagues expressed outrage he was backing the Illinois senator.

“While I regret this development, I am not in mourning, for I no longer have any clear idea what, exactly, the modern conservative movement stands for,” Buckley wrote.[/quote]

CNN

Wow, I don’t think most americans could care if he supports Barack.  Mccain got the endorsement of a long time friend, King Tut.  Who’s more important some writer or a Pharoah of egypt?  I also heard he has the Moses vote as well.  But seriously I don’t see this as having any effect on this pointless race.  You know I’d probably watch the debate but I have to wash my hair.  Yep I have that much apathy towards this election.  Nothing will “change” no matter what anybody on either side says.  They don’t have the solution to the financial crisis, all they do is spout talking points.  I’m voting no confidence this election, it’s not like my vote matters not with the electoral college.

Heh-heh:-)  I agree, little will change in your country regardless of the election outcome.  I hope the GOP gets trounced on November 4th; MyCain annoys me.  How can a 950 year old Senator effectively run the country? :smiley: