Briglio settlement

For what it’s worth, I also heard on CBC Radio One that there had been a settlement. There wasn’t too much in the way of details, only that the matter had been resolved outside of court, and that Mr. Briglio would be able to avoid a criminal record.

What my friend who heard the CBC newscast said was:

“Briglio made the CBC news this morning.
He has arrived at an out of court settlement which means no criminal record.
He is on probation with a number of restrictions like a restaining order and a
requirement for counciling.”

Yeah, that’s the gist that I got as well.

Hopefully this whole affair can be laid to rest now.

This may be the quickest trip to the Wasteland.

Two pages of a thread is certainly not the quickest trip to the wasteland.  :smile:  It would have been better if you just started the thread with what you heard on the radio, though.

Just wanted confirmation- took almost two pages to get it!

Once you posted what you heard, the next post was someone confirming it. See what happens when you actually contribute to your own thread instead of just trolling for gossip?

With the exception of the details of a possible civil settlement, the rest of the story is about two months old.

From Podunk passim October 9 2009

atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … 2279642709

I’d add the Daily News link but alas that was one of the days that they didn’t update their stories online on their rather strange little hit and miss website. (A trend that seems to be the norm there)

At any rate the capsule version of his conditions and such is in the link above, I’m sure somwhere in the archive of the Northern View the item is reported as well

Have no idea, nor do I suspect any of us will ever learn about any civil settlement unless one of the two parties involved chooses to advertise. 

What happened to the page that used to show daily court appearances and what the charges were?  I had it bookmarked but it was taken down some time ago and I never bothered to see if it was replaced at a different url.

Still there under Daily Court Lists – are you on one of those lists?

Nope :smile: