Boot camp OSX

Funny. I wuold have never thought mac would do this. BUT THEY DID!!

wsidecar.apple.com/cgi-bin/bc/nph-bc

If you think about it, they didn’t really do anything except endorse and repackage what others were doing. Switching to Intel was basically the carrot used to entice developers. Open source is a great thing.

[quote=“Dave”]

If you think about it, they didn’t really do anything except endorse and repackage what others were doing. Switching to Intel was basically the carrot used to entice developers. Open source is a great thing.[/quote]

I guess so. I’ll have to try it tonight. I still use windows because of a few programs… Ie: Eagle cadsoft.

Has any one installed boot Camp on there mac intel yet ? I just did. It’s pretty sweet…

Try this next http://www.parallels.com/ real desktop virtualization! Like bootcamp it’s still Betaware, but you can download it for free for a limited time.

Boot camp just makes it so you can BOOT windows xp or osx… It does not emulate any thing.

which is a PITA ass if you wanna use both… virtualization is great if you just wanna use XP sometimes without that bad of a speed hit

i could dual boot linux and windows if i really wanted, but i’d rather use vmware for the once in a blue moon i use windows

It takes no time at all to turn off the laptop hold down alt key and press windows and it boots just like windows and vice versa if i wanted to run osx.

It takes less time to load up vmware and restore a saved state environment. Plus you dont have to stop what you are doing to do whatever you need to in windows.