Boil water in Rupert

on the news its says boil your water for one minute before drinking… good thing I buy my water… but thought I would let other people now about this as it has not been listed yet

How are “classy” folk going to boil their water?  Isn’t the gas slated to run out soon?

'Round these parts, common folk use gas cooktops.  Convection is state-of-the-art.

In case you’re interested, I’ve started a bottled air business. $1.25 a bottle.

We do not need to boil our water. I phoned City Hall and the city yard and they said we are not affected at all. So dont worry its not us. Terrace does need to boil theirs.

GUYS THIS IS FOR THE SEWAGE RELEASE BY TERRACE AND THE LAST I CHECKED WE GET OUR WATER ACROSS FROM SEAL COVE,NOT THE SKEENA…

If it did affect rupert, trust me it would’ve been posted within 3 seconds of hearing.

I’m pretty sure I caught that on the radio this morning and what they ACTUALLY said was that there was a boil water warning that extended to the west as far as the Charlottes for people who were on their own water supplies.

Although I don’t know for sure, I’m thinking there aren’t any people drinking well water in Prince Rupert. However if you are, you might want to check into this.

Here we go. This showed up on my nightly Google news roundup.

[quote]A widespread boil-water advisory has been issued for northwestern British Columbia.

As residents brace for a second wave of flooding, the Northern Health Authority announced the order affects people impacted by flooding over the past week.

Residents living from Houston west to Prince Rupert and the Queen Charlotte Islands are also advised to take safety measures if they have their own water supply. [/quote]

Do people on Digby Island have wells?  Maybe people who have cabins around Prince Rupert have wells or water collectors and that would impact them too.