BC Liberals in good shape to secure Petronas LNG Terminal

The on-going meetings between Petronas and the BC Liberal government are apparently going well with premier Christy Clark declaring that BC is in very good position to secure a positive final investment decision with Petronas for their proposed $10+ billion LNG terminal on Lelu Island.

northcoastreview.blogspot.ca/201 … ue-in.html

vancouversun.com/business/en … =6ed8-70ac

bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-0 … tions.html

Interesting comments by NDP leader Horgan near the end of the article. I suppose MLA Rice has the same sentiments. I think this helps my argument that what the NDP says today does affect future investments in BC.

vancouversun.com/news/Vaughn … story.html

[quote=“uartz1949”]Interesting comments by NDP leader Horgan near the end of the article. I suppose MLA Rice has the same sentiments. I think this helps my argument that what the NDP says today does affect future investments in BC.

vancouversun.com/news/Vaughn … story.html[/quote]

That’s an interesting article by Vaughan Palmer. Horgan is a hard guy to make sense of. On the one hand with reference to the agreements the government is negotiating with the LNG proponents he says:

“They should know when the government changes in 2017, I’ll be wanting to look at those agreements.”

But then he says that he is not going to legislate those agreements away. Instead he will ‘negotiate’. Negotiate to do what exactly, get them to agree to pay higher taxes? That’s not very plausible. He doesn’t seem to have a clear idea about what he would do.

I would think that Petronas is shrewd enough to know if they go ahead with their project here that they would shut the door on a NDP government in the near future and probably for many years to come. I hope thats their thoughts.

How, pray tell, would a Malaysian state company shut the door on a B.C. political party?

[quote=“TerriblePerson”]

How, pray tell, would a Malaysian state company shut the door on a B.C. political party?[/quote]

Revenue for cash strapped government and prosperity for NDP ridings in the north.

I don’t think they have time for that; they’ve got an energy business to run. They would just want to know that their investment is secure and their costs are reasonably stable for the duration, regardless of who is in power.

[quote=“BTravenn”]

I don’t think they have time for that; they’ve got an energy business to run. They would just want to know that their investment is secure and their costs are reasonably stable for the duration, regardless of who is in power.[/quote]

Then Mr Horgan’s random thoughts on LNG are concerning.

Seems like the NDP has a deeper identity crisis after getting a new leader. I guess electing Horgan didn’t stop them from thinking they are the Green Party.

Er… this thread now seems rather awkward, no?

Petronas is delaying their decision as they fine tune engineering costs…snds like this was probably revealed yesterday in their meetings.

This is not good news for Prince Rupert.

[quote=“bthedog”]Petronas is delaying their decision as they fine tune engineering costs…snds like this was probably revealed yesterday in their meetings.

This is not good news for Prince Rupert.[/quote]

Maybe Kitimat or… Kitsault??