BC introduces the nation's toughest impaired driving laws

The risks of driving impaired in British Columbia have residents facing some of the toughest regulations in the history of the province. That as the provincial government outlines the major changes to the financial scale, expands the amount of time you may be banned from driving and increases the levels of potential incarceration should anyone get behind the wheel in an intoxicated state.

(from the blog a town called podunk, click on the link below to see the entire item
atowncalledpodunk.blogspot.com/2 … tions.html)

Looks like some groups are a little concerned about the new laws

cbc.ca/canada/british-columb … ml?ref=rss

Rightfully so. Do you trust the RCMP/VPD/*PD? I sure dont. I don’t drink so these laws wont affect me but they make me rage just teh same.

What about these kinds of drivers ? This I call WHITE COLLAR CRIME .

So the officer is now the accuser, prosecutor, and judge?

Sure, it’s just like any other “tool” in the officer’s arsenal. I can’t see them misusing this, can you? It’s not like cops ever misuse their tools…

Next time a cop is having a bad day, or doesn’t like your attitude, he won’t be using his taser on you. He’s just call you a drunk driver and impose punishment on the spot.

I heard the pro side oinking like pigs at the trough all over the radio today.
No discussion.
Just drooling over how heavy the fines will be, you could hear the slobber. And the joy… PUNISH PUNISH we’ll get to do do everything but burn the heretics at the stake!!!

[quote=“herbie_popnecker”]I heard the pro side oinking like pigs at the trough all over the radio today.
No discussion.
Just drooling over how heavy the fines will be, you could hear the slobber. And the joy… PUNISH PUNISH we’ll get to do do everything but burn the heretics at the stake!!![/quote]

Dont worry they’re working on it. Interestingly enough each time I have been to traffic court every baconator chose to swear their testimony rather than affirm it.

I suppose if i was going to lie I’d rather swear to an imaginary being than give my word. At least if I swore to god people would just think I was a nutbar and use that as an excuse for my lies.

Simple solution: videotape all interactions with police officers. If they’re not doing anything wrong, they have nothing to hide, right?

Cops love youtube.

Coincidently, here’s a BoingBoing post from today: “How to record the cops” boingboing.net/2010/09/20/ho … he-co.html

They suggest using Qik or Ustream, so that your video is automatically posted to the web. Just in case the police decide that the video contradicts the officer’s recollection of events and they decide to hold the video for “evidence.”

So they foreclosed the house next door. The tenants weren’t there they work in the bush, their ‘friends/relatives’ just used to party there, no hydro, no heat, no keys just kick the door in. Probably 4 visits by the cops in the last month until the realtors padlocked the door, put up a notice for anyone seeing someone enter to call the police.
So five times they visit this padlocked house to serve a woman known to hang there in the past.
Saturday we see her trying to jimmy the padlocks and yell at her, only to be told to F off. Another neighbour calls the cops, who show up 2 hours later while she’s in the house.
She tells them she’s gathering her stuff cuz she got locked out.
So **the law is the law, unless you’re a ******** who has no money to gouge those heavy fines from.
They say okay and leave her be after smashing her way in.
It was the woman that officers from the same detachment tried to grab those 5 other times.
They had a nice party, the bottles are scattered over the lawn now and no one took any belongings from the premises.
They came back today looking to serve her, but no one’s there anymore.
DUH!!!