Bad gas in Rupert?

You’ve got lots of time and money, so it shouldn’t be a problem to find a reputable shop to do it for you. :wink:

In all seriousness, though, I don’t really do side jobs. I change the oil for a few people here and there and stuff like that, but not for profit. I did the classroom part of my apprenticeship at BCIT in Burnaby, and everyone in my classes were all from the Lower Mainland, and they almost all did side jobs every weekend. And while they did make a fair bit of sweet coin doing brake jobs and things like that, I’ve never been interested. I’m doing well enough financially to not need a second job, and after working on cars for 8 hours every day, I really don’t want to spend my evenings and weekends doing the same thing.

If you could suggest a reputable shop in Kelowna that would do the same quality of work I would I’d be glad to hear it and would pay for it. Every shop I’ve taken my car to here has charged me obscene rates and done a shit finishing job on all their work.

I totally understand :wink: I am the same way when people ask me to do computer work.

It happens a fair bit around here, and I’ve also heard that most of the stations in town are fueled up by the same supplier (and often from the same tanker).
We see it happen from time to time, but not often enough that I’ve ever heard of a boycott or lawsuit or anything like that.

to end this I would just like to say thank you to the ones that understand. just so you all know my truck runs very nice now. that is all I was wanting to tell people is if you are having the same problem as I was. this maybe whats wrong… I have heard of a few other people having the same problem. I just wanted everyone to be aware of what is out there… I am very happy with my f-150. everyone has there mind on a truck or a car they like and we will all try and look after them the best we can… I do get my truck looked at and inspected. from the dealer here in town. each time everything comes back good. but for today… the last time I had it in was in november. so it happened sometime between then and now… I am not putting the company down I do like the staff there . they treat me very good.
it may have come from the trucks or maybe there tanks just ran low who’s to say but again all in all we all drive in this town we need our gas. if I could figure out how to run on water . I will let you all know .
thanx again. hey JESUS my brake light even works…

Brake lights eh, not sure if that was an option on my car.  I think there’s an extra pedal near the fun pedal… not sure what it does though… never had an urge to push it.

PS As of yesterday I am now a roadstar driver and get a 43% discount  :smiley:

Nothing to do with the bad gas debate, but I noticed that Petro Can has the price of gas marked as 123.9 today, so it shouldn’t be too much longer before the rest of town catches up with the trend setters… :neutral_face:

They just jacked ours to 124.9. Prince George is 126.9

A thread titled “Bad Gas in Rupert?” and not one fart joke. I’m ashamed of all of you.

It wouldn’t have been appropriate until you showed up.