Back from vacation!

Vancouver has had riots.  Parksville has had riots.  White Rock has had riots.  You can’t say that they’re horrible cities because of it.

Now we riot on facebook and bebo! 

No one is saying this is a horrible city,  (well maybe someone is). But we do have our issues,  I might have been being a little tounge and cheek with the riot story but really I find that the issues then seem to be still around today,  Fighting, window breaking, etc…

Yeah iv heard stuff like this before.
Gang violence, stealing, gun crimes and riots are all just part of being a city.
people die all the time in Edmonton. theres all sorts of Gang related violence here,
Much of which seems to be racial in nature.
Often enough though people have nothing to do with that world, Sure theres a few
people who have witnessed or have been the victims of crimes before but still there are
countless people that only know about this stuff because they read it in the papers, There not really part of that world.
For example in the past few years there have been 2 suspected murders in my area
and god knows how many other crimes but i have never witnessed them.
I don■t focus on all of the evils found in an area. I only care about natural Beauty and
wild life.  I am not a drinker or party guy just a nature enthusiast so Night life is not an issue for me.   

[quote=“Cnidocyte”]
Much of which seems to be racial in nature. [/quote]

So that makes it OK???

Often enough though people have nothing to do with that world, Sure theres a few
people who have witnessed or have been the victims of crimes before but still there are
countless people that only know about this stuff because they read it in the papers, There not really part of that world.

Well then  all this stuff happening in Rupert has really nothing to do with me,  so let not let it bother us.

For example in the past few years there have been 2 suspected murders in my area
and god knows how many other crimes but i have never witnessed them.

Well we if I did not see anyone breaking windows down town,  why should I care…

I don■t focus on all of the evils found in an area. I only care about natural Beauty and
wild life. If were there i wouldn’t be looking for the bad so i really wouldn’t be likely to find any. I am not a drinker or party guy just a nature enthusiast so Night life is not an issue for me.     

Insert picture of Subway broken windows,  or thier new gates. 

No, Crimes Racial in nature DOES NOT make it Okay.
Its a serious problem in Edmonton. Racism is a horrible thing.
I have nothing to do with any of it and neither do countless others…
What i am trying to point out is many people Edmonton still consider it a great place
to live, despite the crime.

White avenue is where allot of the crimes seem to take place,
its sort of the center of the Edmonton nightlife scene there is theft and gang violence all the time.
However during the day its a rather nice place to visit! it has lots of small businesses and
much older buildings then the rest of the city. 

I think the best way to describe what i am talking about is to say that
Sure theres Crime, Theres Crime everywhere but i am willing to ignore it
as long as it has no effect on myself and anyone i care about. 

I agree with you mostly.  But maybe not “ignoring” it, but not being a part of it.

Yeah maybe Ignoring it is too strong a word

I am sure you are a nice person.  I am sorry I was a bit harsh,  got carried away in the moment.  Silly as it might sound but it’s kind of a good example but did Peter Parker not have the same attitude towards this crime stuff…

…Until his uncle ben DIED!!!

If it gets out of control, it will end up effecting you. 

you have a good point there,
crime is sort of easy to ignore until it effects some part of your life.

Until I get bitten by a spider and can walk up side down on the ceiling I think i’ll leave crime fighting to those who get paid for it.  :smile:

if you liked visiting Rupert you’d probably like living here- its a great little town