Ayjaye has 10,000 in a Nigerian bank account and needs your help

So a devout Atheist, like myself,  is less qualified to run for council ?

Lets stick to value added jobs folks.

You brought religion into the topic, what do his religious beliefs have to do with the job. And as for value added jobs, why should the same blow hards get all the chances to prove what we already know.

Hey I have an idea, lets build a sawmill or two and instead of shipping all our millions of raw logs to Asia to create and support thousands of jobs cutting our trees into lumber over there, we put some of our people to work making this lumber here then selling it to them. This seems like ‘value added’ to me.
What the hell happened that almost every single sawmill in this region is shut down, and yet we seem to be exporting more raw logs than ever before to Asia, and the thousands of people in this province that used to be employed in the forest industry and local sawmills have been unemployed for years now. I cannot be the only one who thinks there’s something wrong with this picture?

Flying the white flag again, Ajaye?

Ajaye, you have the dexterity of a lizard when it comes to statements and retractions. 

The guidelines you use for staff selection and the associated salaries is a perfect example of the Pollyanna factor. 

You seem to have not developed a good attachment to the reality of decision-making - in particular to cost analysis.  Just because the ATM issues money doesn’t mean the flow of cash is guaranteed to remain on demand.

I have seen what happens when we have a group of people who think there to
smart for everyone Else in our city.no one has stepped up to take our city back to
what we had in the 70 and 80s ,we need to bring together a team that will lead
and not follow the same path and thinking of those who put us in this mess,I’m 48
years old and will retire with full pension in 6 years and i would like to see this city
use the minds of people like herb pond because it seems everyone is to busy
hoping for a dream we need a man who will work and have the energy to fight
to get our city back on its feet a man of god a man we can trust to do the job,
I’m looking for the future the next generation who seem to run away Evey year.

Not to ruin your retirement plans, but considering the state of the world economy at the moment, what makes you think that Canada, BC and or Prince Rupert will be able to honour a full pension by that wonderful moment?

As for the next generation of runaways, really what’s there here for them at the moment? 

LOL! My presence in Rupert is reduced from “I’m a Rupert resident and making a living here” to “Hi! Just visiting”; all thanks to the recent geniuses at the City Hall and the brilliant minds like Ajaye’s.

Don’t use nostalgia to prove an argument.  The past will always to the same thing…it will remain in the past.

Canadians, in these decades you so fondly remember, benefited greatly from exploitation of citizens and resources of under-developed countries.  Having to more often pay fair value to goods and services isn’t wrong.

Did you like the TV show Happy days?

Exploitation of the third world is a very big, Naomi Klein kind of issue that is still in the realm of current events rather than just nostalgic reminiscences by some.

Focusing more on Prince Rupert and the North Coast, I think that the happy days of the 70s and 80s that ajaye is alluding to had more to do with exploitation of fish … and also of relatively accessible wood on the coast that has either been logged off or is no longer cost competitive in global markets. 

The major resource that we seem to be left with … and perhaps our greatest or only hope … is a natural harbour that, being comprised of geological formations and sea water, is just impossible to despoil or squander.

containers is the future and hopefully potash. 

Also space. Space to develop. Hopefully to develop in support of the port, but in other locations space is at a premium. Up here, it’s taken for granted.

Value added jobs…

Do these come with value added salaries?  Does every ‘nice guy and give him a chance’ have to begin at +$100,000?

We need to look at the Asia market and have a study on what we can do
for them with the resource’s we have.

Well so far we seem to be 0 for 2 at the plate, they want our oil from Alberta but it seems were not inclined to send it to them by tanker.

They’ll take our wood but only in raw form, not in that inconvenient value added format, so it’s logs for them not much left for us.

Any other ideas there oh wise one?

Don’t forget that dirty Potash, seems that one is taking a back seat to Neptune terminals(?). Have heard nor read anything about the companies plans for development out at RTI. Too bad.

Once we attach our labour costs, they’re not interested in any processing of our raw materials.

We can just guess that’s why we need a study done we need to contact
the minister in charge of Asia Pacific trade and work with his office or staff.

Really?  You have doubt?
Let me ask you a question.  What does the term ‘out-sourcing’ mean to you?

If you haven’t heard of this then thousands of jobs in Canada and the US just up and vanished without a reason.