Auto Rims

I am about to buy new tires for my car, but the rims are pretty ugly, pretty small and dont’ allow very wide of a tire. I’m thinkign about buyign some half-ass 16 or 17" rims for my Firebird. Does anyone have some RWD 5x4.5 bolt rims for sale? I was looking at Kal Tire and they have a few nice styles that would look pretty good on my car, but they all have a FWD offset. NOt a single rim in the entire store/catalogue is compatible wiht my wheels… It’s kinda lame. Any suggestions or help, let me know. Even some stock 16" GTA rims woudl be wicked. I want to fit a 245 or so size tire, right now 225 is the max, and it’s 10mm over the correct size. 215s just don’t grip well enough.

A Little Photoshop Fun Below
Stock Rims
17" CR Rims
Painted Rims
Unfortunately these guys probably wont fit sicne they’re offset for a FWD vehicle… I don’t thinks pacers woudl work either.

It is so cute when men are in love with their first little hot wheels. So in love with them, they use the photos of their vehicles for their avatars.

… Hot wheels? I wish.

Anyway… posted anew pic of what my rims painted balck would look like. It almost seems more logical to media blast my existing rims and have them powdercoated. It would be cheaper, and rpevent me form buyign more pricey tires and shit int he future… 215s are so shady on tight corners though.

What is going on at CHSS metal shop these days? I would donate a bag of glass beads to use the media blaster/lift for an hour or so. Is class in session? I heard Kreiger is away.

I like the painted rims lol

The painted rims looks like you are riding on spares.

the painted rims would look better with no bra.

the bling bling rims lack any sense of relationship to the cars original style.

Original Rims > Painted Rims > Chrome Rims > No Rims

Lose the bra, dude. Its not good for the paint job.

[quote=“orangetang”]
What is going on at CHSS metal shop these days? I would donate a bag of glass beads to use the media blaster/lift for an hour or so. Is class in session? I heard Kreiger is away.[/quote]

Yeah Kreiger was pretty messed up, I think it was some nerves in his hands that went all wacky and he was on some pretty heavy drugs for a term or so. But he is getting back to teaching he does drafting right now, I dont know whats happening with shop though.

[quote=“WonderMike”]Original Rims > Painted Rims > Chrome Rims > No Rims

Lose the bra, dude. Its not good for the paint job.[/quote]

I’v decided against new rims. I might eventually find some used GTA rims (they match the car, and look better than anythign else), but they’re hard to come by. About the bra… and the paint… What paint? The bra is covering some unslightly damage caused by the last owner, and missing paint. I guess you havn’t seen the pics of the roof/dents? I’ll be sanding/pulling/bending and painting this thing pretty soon, I hope. Sounds like I have access to a shop with a compressor, and any paint/body tools I might need.

http://screenlooking.com/images/bondo2.jpg

I couldn’t agree more.

ot: sounds good man. That’s a pretty sweet looking ride, what are the specs?

Nothing special in mine. It’s got a bone_stock TBI 5.0L V8, with 5Speed T5 transmission and front discs. The good thing is, this car has no power options (locks, windows, etc). It’s a great platform for a racecar, not that I’m going that route… A Chev 350 may find its way inside shortly.