Aurora LNG focusing only on Digby Island terminal

Aurora LNG, which originally had planned to explore an LNG terminal at Grassy Point, has abandoned the Grassy Point option and is now moving their project forward with Digby Island as their choice for terminal location.

Thoughts?

theglobeandmail.com/report-o … e22436347/

Thought it’s a convenient and safe place for ships to dock at, and the airport will greatly benefit from the activity there.

And since it’s right by the airport, hopefully CNOOC will give hiring priority to Canadian workers instead of trying to supply their labour needs with overseas workers.

Also sucks for Dodge Cove residents.

While this development may be bad for Dodge & Crippen cove residents…it will be good for Prince Rupert residents, as most of the positives of this project will directly benefit our city.

Surely they will need some way to connect their terminal to the city and the only way I can see them doing that is with a bridge of some sort connecting Digby to Kaien Island.

This location could finely provide us with direct access to our Airport and also open Digby Island up to development.

They should buy us a bridge, or two new ferries.

[quote=“bthedog”]While this development may be bad for Dodge & Crippen cove residents…it will be good for Prince Rupert residents, as most of the positives of this project will directly benefit our city.

Surely they will need some way to connect their terminal to the city and the only way I can see them doing that is with a bridge of some sort connecting Digby to Kaien Island.

This location could finely provide us with direct access to our Airport and also open Digby Island up to development.[/quote]

I can’t see a bridge being built, there is no room for it unless they build it over Fairview terminal. And where would the road be, thru the cemetery ?

Any civil engineer willing to answer these questions? lol

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]

[quote=“bthedog”]While this development may be bad for Dodge & Crippen cove residents…it will be good for Prince Rupert residents, as most of the positives of this project will directly benefit our city.

This location could finely provide us with direct access to our Airport and also open Digby Island up to development.[/quote]

I can’t see a bridge being built, there is no room for it unless they build it over Fairview terminal. And where would the road be, thru the cemetery ?[/quote]

Casey Point would be the most logical place to put a bridge, it is on the west side of Fairview Terminal (and beyond their proposed expansion area) and is the area of Kaien Island that is closest to Digby Island. This is where Casey Point is -> travelingluck.com/North+America/ … Point.html

If a bridge were to be put in, it would connect just north of where this proposed terminal on Digby would be placed.

I don’t see how Aurora LNG would be able to operate without a fixed link to Kaien Island? How will their workforce of 250-450 workers get to work each day? How will services in Prince Rupert access the terminal? Their workers will have no access to the terminal without a fixed link.

Unless they have their own ferry system with multiple ferrys (and even then to transport operational workers of that number daily to and from Digby) would probably never be possible due to the congestion this would create in that area of the harbour…not only that but over 25 years I am sure the operation costs of such a venture would dwarf the cost of building a bridge.

Anyone else got any idea how an LNG terminal of this stature could be built and be operational without a fixed link to Kaien Island?

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]

I can’t see a bridge being built, there is no room for it unless they build it over Fairview terminal. And where would the road be, thru the cemetery ?[/quote]

Why not? Surely you have heard the old saying… “over my dead body”.

‘The Haunted Airport Bridge’

Certainly makes sense now why the city was trying to get portions of digby island within its boundaries. Imperial/Exxon, Nexen and Aurora could have had the potential to deliver oodles of tax revenue and solve all of our financial woes.

[quote=“Pantagruel”]

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]

Why not? Surely you have heard the old saying… “over my dead body”.[/quote]

LMAO Good one Hee Hee

Heard that Nexen has bought a decent chunk of property in the bay straight across from the container port on Digby Island.

can we say road around the tsimshan peninsula especially if you include a road and bridge to where exxon wants to go

What a joke …