Attention Prince Rupert shoppers

Looks like there will soon be another reason to take your empty wagons and head east to shop

Target, puts Prince George on its list of locations to arrive in Canada

theprovince.com/Target+store … story.html

Always knew they would not bother with this one here… But I am excited that PG and lower mainland will be getting Target…

Well considering they are converting 220 stores and the first expansion only adds upto 105, that means there is still gonna be 115 stores to be converted.

Still think there is a good chance Rupert’s Zellers will be part of the additional 115 to still be converted.

Target is just another department store isn’t it? We have those in Canada. Not sure why this one should make people excited.

I’ve seen some of the same brands that Zellers has in their stores at a Target down in Philly. My guess is we’ll get the leftovers from the PG store and gradually end up a Target at some point down the road. Nothing can change the size of the store we have here so whatever we get, it will always be in limited supplies until they get a bigger location.

Imagine Wal-Mart or Zellers with better lighting, better organization, and nobody screaming at you. That’s Target.

I’ve never been screamed at while at Zellers or Walmart - and lighting???
have you ever been to a Target?

The PG store will be the runt of the Target litter.

[quote=“enviroguy”]I’ve never been screamed at while at Zellers or Walmart - and lighting???
have you ever been to a Target?[/quote]

Screaming – the PA system. The way they seem to yell when paging people.

Lighting in the Target stores I’ve been in has been a lot less harsh and headache-inducing than Wal-Mart and Zellers. They might be using LED lighting or something like that.

But other than that, not much different.

[quote=“MiG”]

[quote=“enviroguy”]I’ve never been screamed at while at Zellers or Walmart - and lighting???
have you ever been to a Target?[/quote]

Screaming – the PA system. The way they seem to yell when paging people.

Lighting in the Target stores I’ve been in has been a lot less harsh and headache-inducing than Wal-Mart and Zellers. They might be using LED lighting or something like that.

But other than that, not much different.[/quote]

Thrifties foods uses led lighting, it’s awesome to shop at ! no more headaches !!!

And ExtraFood doesn’t bother with lighting at all, or you’d see how bruised and overripe the produce is.I used to live near the border in Langley and we shopped down south a lot. I don’t remember anything about Target to get excited about.
Now a Red Lobster in Prince George, that would be worth getting excited.
Just got back from there an hour ago. Couldn’t find anything of interest other than some lamb chops at Costco…

Depending on location, 80 to 90% of Target customers are women. So you groaning cheapskate gomers can get ready to haul the little lady that way. Or if you are looking for women go hang out at the entrance and give it your all. Unfortunately 50% of target customers are college educated so that will be a challenge to most of you. Well anyway , pondering the lighting and prices misses the point by a mile.

[quote=“Right Coast” Unfortunately 50% of target customers are college educated so that will be a challenge to most of you.[/quote]

Considering that 60% of Canadians have some form of post-secondary degree, maybe not.

www12.statcan.ca/census-recensem … ct-eng.cfm[/quote]

Not all Zellers locations will be converted into Target stores. That will depend on finalizing leases and obtaining construction permits for the extensive renovations Target expects to put into each location.

Fisher said “the vast majority” will become Targets, with the company spending an average of $10 million to remodel each location into the Target format.

Read more: vancouversun.com/Target+zero … z1NgCrjQfP

Somewhere else I read that there will be a further announcement in September.