At the Movies

Ignoring someone who is speaking to you is rude as well. Didnt your mother teach you any manners? I am highly offended.

there needs to be a phrase for a chronic internet user that posts jaded responses for the purpose to offend and incite pixellated outrage! Like a Hipster forum-er …

It would be awesome if the Totem theatre would be renovated as a single theatre showing 3D movies
now how cool would that be?

…i know right?

It’s called an internet troll. :wink:

People are entitled to respond to one’s opinion, and I see no problem with that.

[quote=“PLA”]

Agreed, but not when the respondent can’t complete a paragraph without calling
someone a “fucking idiot” or a “fucking moron” for having said opinion.[/quote]

Where in this thread?

[quote=“Piknic”]

[quote=“PLA”]

Agreed, but not when the respondent can’t complete a paragraph without calling
someone a “fucking idiot” or a “fucking moron” for having said opinion.[/quote]

So in one breath you say people are entitled to an opinion but not if their opinion is that the other poster is a fucking idiot? Seems rather hypocritical to me. One might even say fucking idiotic…

This thread is full of hypocrisy.[/quote]

[quote=“jesus”]

[quote=“Piknic”]

So in one breath you say people are entitled to an opinion but not if their opinion is that the other poster is a fucking idiot? Seems rather hypocritical to me. One might even say fucking idiotic…

This thread is full of hypocrisy.

That’s not hypocritical, wrong use of the word by the way, it’s stating an exception…[/quote]

Calling someone out for expressing their opinion while expressing your opinion is hypocritical… unless you’re an idiot.

We seem to have a comprehension problem here…I wasn’t calling someone out for expressing their
opinion, I was calling them out for calling others “fucking idiots”.
Certainly not a gracious way to speak to someone.

Merry Christmas

[quote=“Piknic”]

We seem to have a comprehension problem here…I wasn’t calling someone out for expressing their

Merry Christmas[/quote]

To you as well. Also merry Christmas to all the fucking idiots and their idiot families as well.

[quote=“jesus”]

Merry Christmas

To you as well. Also merry Christmas to all the fucking idiots and their idiot families as well.[/quote]

Hilarious…you clearly didn’t read the opening topic post…cause that was full of disrespect to the owner of Prince Rupert cinemas.

I saw the Lincoln movie in Vancouver. It was really good, especially the part with the dragon and the dwarves.

I thought he was quite handy with that ax!

http://www.soundtrackgeek.com/v2/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Abraham-Lincoln-Vampire-Hunter-by-Henry-Jackman-The-Horse-Stampede-2012.jpeg

Ya know you gotta keep remembering where the hell you live.
Just came back from Prince George, my daughter told me she saw The Hobbit last night. But today, during the Christmas rush while everyone from up to 200 miles away is packing their stores = the goddam roads weren’t done! The theatre there is in Parkwood with the SaveOn, Staples, London Drugs, etc. Not ploughed.
Yeah you can see the latest movie and go to a big box store. And make sure your hubs are locked just to get into the parking lot. Chew through 6" of snow on the secondary roads and the side streets won’t see a plow all winter.
Or like me, I come back home and the roads get better the closer I get. My little side street freshly plower so the garbage truck can get through tomorrow. The Overwaitea parking lot cleared and the snow taken away,
But we don’t even have a theatre anymore. A second attempt to revive it failed and it closed last spring.

Note how spell checker put plower where I americanized the spelling of ploughed.<

Mr. Case:

If you’re still looking for the movie, it has arrived at the Prince Rupert Cinemas.

I’m sure they’ll have a good seat set aside for you, especially after your kind comments about their movie procurement skills.

I’d bring my own food though, just to be on the safe side! :wink:

As they say in the business, now showing!

OP, I am the first to agree that the local theatre’s offerings leave much to be desired.

Yet, taking it out on Jackie is killing the messenger; I am sure that some beancounter in the distributor’s office has figured out that only movies with car chases, explosions and/or vampires show a profit in towns of our size and demographics, and that’s what they send her; I don’t think she gets much say about what comes here.

The Arts Council brings some decent movies once a month. Last year they had the one and only local showing of The Artist, which won the Oscar to the Best Film.

For this season’s program, check here: artsprincerupert.ca/upcoming-eve … he-movies/

Play nice everybody!