Archives completing the move to City Hall

Thousands of records and documents related to the history and culture of Prince Rupert and surrounding communities will be moved over the next week as the Prince Rupert City and Regional Archives prepares to reopen in its new location; downstairs at City Hall.

bclocalnews.com/bc_north/the … 84273.html

My first question is how many times have they moved the Archives now in the last twenty years ? Its the Ministry of Child and Family or whatever they are called now . From RForrestry Building to Ocean Center , then to the Highliner and then back to Ocean Center. While we are talking about moving , when did the city begin to allow people to build their living quarters onto Commercial buildings . Like I hear one of the Paynes is building above the Video store next to the park , is it only since one is sitting in council ?

Uh what exactly does this point have to do with the other two thoughts in your presentation, near as I can tell, Family Services has nothing whatever to do with the City of Prince Rupert, while your other two points at least are within their domain.

Living quarters have been permitted in commercial buildings probably since soon after incorporation on March 10, 1910.

what exactly does this point have to do with the other two thoughts in your presentation, near as I can tell, Family Services has nothing whatever to do with the City of Prince Rupert, while your other two points at least are within their domain.

Yes I know that the ministry part has nothing to do with city , I was just trying to point out how dollars are wasted and that was money which could help address other needs. As for the building a living quarters onto a commercial building . A few years back I know of a couple of individuals who wished to do this but were shutdown by the city. Now I see it happening and when I see who is building it , I just have some honest concerns I believe . It does make some sense as to who sits on council and the possible connection .