Anyone being asked to donate to the All Native Basketball?

If he comes to my house, I’ll get him to pose for a photo and I will post it on here. Anybody else have a photo of this scammer?

So is this the same guy who has been breaking into homes recently? I know there was a home break-in in the 1200 to 1500 block of 7th Avenue East right before Christmas…and then he broke into another home about 2 weeks later.

And of all you people who have had him come to your door… how many of you have taken the time to complain to the RCMP? Everyone likes to complain that the RCMP/Courts/Government does nothing. What are YOU doing to assist in this situation.

If he gets picked up by the RCMP and released on bail, then he’ll have bail conditions. If everyone phones the RCMP every time they see him do this, then he eventually builds up enough trouble with the law to stay in jail. If you don’t phone, then you have no cause to complain.

Good point. I have not seen him yet, but, I plan to phone the RCMP if he shows up at my door.

[quote=“CrazyMike”]And of all you people who have had him come to your door… how many of you have taken the time to complain to the RCMP? Everyone likes to complain that the RCMP/Courts/Government does nothing. What are YOU doing to assist in this situation.

If he gets picked up by the RCMP and released on bail, then he’ll have bail conditions. If everyone phones the RCMP every time they see him do this, then he eventually builds up enough trouble with the law to stay in jail. If you don’t phone, then you have no cause to complain.[/quote]

I wish there was a like button. Too often people complain about the justice system, but when asked to come forward and help, they refuse. Usually it’s for really stupid reasons too.

I can’t believe what I’m reading. After seeing Danny over the last 8 or 9 years, I can believe it. Please don’t judge. At one time, Danny was on the fast-track to a great life. One of the best basketball players Prince Rupert had produced, tremendous volleyball player also. Not only that, he was on the honour roll nearly every semester of high school. He made a few bad choices and I truly believe that maybe he had some bad drugs at one point, or that he has a chemical imbalance. He doesn’t recognize many of his best friends from high school, I’m pretty sure all have abandoned him long ago. He’s had a tough life. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t do the right thing. But just understand where he’s come from, and that he might not have what he needs to get better.

So he had a bad life, so that makes it right for him to go around doing what he is doing now ?

Why don’t the Chiefs and Council from every village , every band just contribute the monies , everyone knows that they have lots of funds and just get on with it .

Contribute to what? Rehabilitation? Law Enforcement? the Tournament? Or educating douchebags about life?

Are you really that slow Justin? Or are you yanking our chain?

Everyone? I have to disagree with you CrazyMike. I commend the local RCMP. These members are bound by codes of conduct and ethics, and from what I’ve seen and heard in this city alone am amazed that one of the members has not fallen to the side by violating those ethics and making wrong things, right. They do the best they can with the limited resources they have. They get paid to do their job and I personally think they tend to go above-and-beyond their line of duty in helping the public.

Stay in jail? I don’t know what city you’re posting from, but in Prince Rupert “staying in jail” doesn’t happen. Temporary, maybe… but that’s about it. This is Prince Rupert, the city with a revolving door at 100 Market Place!

“Too often people complain about the justice system” because its obvious the justice system fails. I could cite a lot of cases where the justice system has failed and will NEVER get off my ass and help as you suggested. Why? Because, unlike the RCMP who get paid to do their jobs, the justice system gets paid NOT to do THEIRS.

Getting back to Danny. I heard he was forcibly unable to make his rounds last night. However, today brings a whole new day. If he raps on your door asking for donations for basketball, call the cops. Don’t feel obligated to call them because you’ve read segments of this thread. If you feel you or your property is threatened, do what you have to do!

[quote=“bubbasteve735”]

Are you really that slow Justin? Or are you yanking our chain?[/quote]

Bubbasteve , what the F is your problem , why would I be slow by speaking the truth about getting the money from them , reality is they do have the money and why should they not kick in if it is needed. I just hope the hell they come to your daddy’s and try to hit you up for a buck or six . Do you just like hearing or seeing your lips flap .

[quote=“Justin Case”]

Are you really that slow Justin? Or are you yanking our chain?

Bubbasteve , what the F is your problem , why would I be slow by speaking the truth about getting the money from them , reality is they do have the money and why should they not kick in if it is needed. I just hope the hell they come to your daddy’s and try to hit you up for a buck or six . Do you just like hearing or seeing your lips flap .[/quote]

He’s not doing it because he needs money for the all native. Their bands sponsor them to be in that tourney, he’s doing it because, as it says in this thread, if you bothered to read it, he’s checking your house out to see what you have in it, and what your patterns are, and if you have an alarm. He wants to rob you… The people who are silly enough to give him money is just a bonus.

Pay attention Justin, I know in these tough economical times, it might be difficult to want to pay for something but I assure you. It’s free, to pay attention.

[quote=“Cst. Ferman”]
Getting back to Danny. I heard he was forcibly unable to make his rounds last night. However, today brings a whole new day. If he raps on your door asking for donations for basketball, call the cops. Don’t feel obligated to call them because you’ve read segments of this thread. If you feel you or your property is threatened, do what you have to do![/quote]

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention, Cst. Ferman. I will phone the RCMP if he shows up. I think this thread will help to curtail his activities by getting the word out.

'confronted him yesterday at noon east of Maverick Mart. I let him know that the town knows of his doings. His story is still that of him Representing Skidigate in the ANBT. Talked to Peter Haugan and, as I thought, no connection. Called the RCMP. They must have been on a shift change 'cause dispatch seemed unknowing. Regardless, keep your property as secure as you reasonably can.