CBC just did as well:

His lead is widening …

cbc.ca/news/canadavotes/riding/295/

Yay!!!  :smiley:

you can follow the vote count in skeena from here

enr.elections.ca/ElectoralDistri … =v8j%204g7

Another link:-)

cbc.ca/news/canadavotes/map/2008/#295

I don’t see how they can say Nathan is the winner considering only 62/236 polling stations have their results in…

I agree but hopefully they are correct in the prediction…

History, and statistics.  The same way they can call the minority government or whatever with only a small percentage of votes counted.

Well as Jacques Parizeau said once, its with money and the ethnic votes… :imp:

I know not all the votes have been counted,  but how much more can it go up.  I find it really sad that we are a a national voting turn out of 53.6%, BC has a whopping 42.3%, our district tally so far is only 42.1%.
I feel it should be a $100.00 charge if you do not vote,  I think in Australia its around there.  People take for granted our ability to have a vote.  We stress in our household to our children that they are going to vote when they are of age. We follow the election and share our opinions,  and talk about the election.  It is sad to have to show them that so many people in our country choose not to take part.
On a rough guess that would be around 1,057,000,000.00 in total fines.  It could be put towards voting education of our youth.

Instead of a fine, I think people who DO vote should get a tax benefit or something.

I think either way someone would find a way to make it cost twice as much to actually get done.

I have to agree with P.O.P on this one, maybe give everybody the day off and hand them lottery tickes or something, Maybe we should celebrate election day more. ( Get good and drunk and then vote or something ) lol

Not only that but his competion was divided into 3 diferent groups, victory was asured. I think the fact he didnt get a majority must be quite disturbing for the conservatives.

The other side of this is that if you force people who don’t give a crap to vote, then the people who do give a crap have their votes diluted.

If people don’t care about politics, don’t care who is elected, have no idea about parties and platforms, then do we really want them to vote?  That’s the other side of the coin, I guess.

In regards to enforced voting… I used to think that way too but I have met a few people who don’t vote because they haven’t a clue on politics and freely admit it. Should the clueless be forced to help decide on the future of the country?

Just food for thought,
RR

LOL some of our major gov’ts have been elected by the clue less

A tax credit forces no one to vote, and rewards those who participate.