An interesting Internet observation

“At a tech conference earlier this year, Sarandos said Canada has “almost third-world access to the internet” due to the download caps and a relative lack of competition in internet service providers. “It’s almost a human rights violation what they’re charging for internet access in Canada,” he said.”

huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/05 … 44937.html

And he’s never even been to Prince Rupert!!

[quote=“Smurfette”]“At a tech conference earlier this year, Sarandos said Canada has “almost third-world access to the internet” due to the download caps and a relative lack of competition in internet service providers. “It’s almost a human rights violation what they’re charging for internet access in Canada,” he said.”

huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/05 … 44937.html

And he’s never even been to Prince Rupert!![/quote]

The good thing I found with promises for money (capitalism) is, if you call and complain that your (supposedly) 15mbps internet actually run at 1mbps (or anything lower than what you were promised for that matter), they cannot charge you one cent for that service. There is laws in Canada that protects you against paying for a service that you don’t get 100% of. So yeah, I won’t pay my internet until I get what I’m supposed to :smile:

Good luck with not paying your bill. Get ready for them to pull the plug haahhaha

I think you should read those laws carefully, and the provider’s TOS.

Since this article is also about Netflix it is a good time to mention that Citywest is now part of Netflix’s OpenConnect Network. The test signup.netflix.com/openconnect This gets us access to SuperHD content.

actually when you sign up it says up to whatever they claim the speed is that way if you don’t get promised speed there is nothing you can do but complain about it, not paying for it is not an option