An ICBC and City of Prince Rupert partnership?

I dunno, but if the city doesn’t get around to sanding some of the roads in these early morning quick freezes, the need for ICBC to seek a rate increase probably won’t be needed. The road conditions on some of the roads this morning were just Accidents just looking for cars to compete in.

Not sure why the city can’t send out the sanding trucks a little earlier than what seems to be the 8 am call out, some of the roads this morning had all the traction of a curling rink!

There really needs to be a more efficient less damaging way than using sand…I was in Prince George and was told that sand/gravel is never used when it’s winter and it seems to be working just fine…I would like to have the drivers here take a course in how to drive in all weather conditions…
a boy can dream

[quote="_lit"]There really needs to be a more efficient less damaging way than using sand…I was in Prince George and was told that sand/gravel is never used when it’s winter and it seems to be working just fine…I would like to have the drivers here take a course in how to drive in all weather conditions…
a boy can dream[/quote]

having lived in Prince George I find it hard to believe that they don’t put any form of traction enhancer on the roads there, perhaps you could ask your source what they do use there, as icy roads and vehicles rarely make for a successful combination.

That being said I do echo your wish for Rupertites to develop some driving skills.

If it gets cold enough, no need for sand or salt. Ice won’t melt and isn’t slippery. That’s how it was in Labrador, anyway. They would only use sand and salt in the spring and fall, when it was slushy and slippery.

Dunno how cold it gets in Prince George.