[Ajaye Prediction] wal mart comeing to prince rupert

Somebody hurry up and open the A&W. I’m craving some of thier onion rings.

Had a Spicy Mama on the way to Prince George yesterday. Wow, you could almost taste it. About 0.2 on the Scoville scale.
Anyone else notice when they show ads of a hand holding a burger that it must be the hand of a four year old airbrushed to look like an adult?

[quote=“StackedSports”]A&W is looking to move into Rupert
awfranchise.ca/regions/british-columbia/

So Is Boston Pizza
bostonpizza.com/en/franchisi … ities.aspx

And this truck company
cap-it.com/franchise-available.html

And the PitaPit
pitapit.ca/franchise/opportunities

This weekly newspaper
franchiseadvantage.com/Keywo … _Sale.aspx

And a home inspection company
homealyzefranchise.com/available … -columbia/

I’m sure there are more as well, there usually is :smile: maybe ajaye and friends can take all their millions and become angel investors in the community - rather than promote the big box store crap.

I sure hope the city sent these companies a letter, expressing their support.
Perhaps community futures or tricorp could get involved somehow, they help access funds for start-ups. It is my understanding than buying into a franchise can get quite expensive.

(btw - Prince Rupert has been on A&W’s list for a while)[/quote]

KFC wants to come back too…
yumfranchises.ca/en/featured … ities.html

Buying one of these franchises cost a great deal of money ! Who in Rupert could afford to invest in one and indeed, what financial institution would loan a potential investor the franchise backing to open aware of the lack of economic growth in town? These are all great ideas but we must remember also that our wonderful Council will not support a “competitive” new business, right? The Urban 90 store is a nice one as far as low end spin-offs go but we already have Fields but an earlier poster is right, why open any of these franchises when some are already located 90 miles up river? Rupert is a has been town, cruise ship business will soon be gone, it is great to see the people out in Cow Bay and all now but why wasn’t any of this done for the past seasons? Kudos to all those volunteers, wish there were more time for you to entertain not only the tourists but us residents also. Good fun and thank you for it !!

Did anybody catch the news item this morning that Wal-Mart is opening a Wal-Mart Express in downtown Chicago. This is apparently a slimmed down version of the megastore. Could this be what Wal-Mart might have planned for Rupert Square?

As much as all these things might be nice, what Rupert needs is not another retail store, but some kind of industry that will employ 100+ people. The retail stores will then follow.

That Walmart Express is the US slimmed down version of walmart… in canada they have Urban 90…

A store employee told last week that a mini-walmart type store will be taking the place of Zellers. The employees won’t know until September. They will be out of work and for some reason will have to wait 6 months to apply. The person I spoke with made it out like it was some rule to get rid of staff. Perhaps they expect reno’s to take that long. Also, the big bosses were in the store and staff seemed to be scurrying. For once, I must say the store looked well stocked and rather tidy:)

Ajaye rides again.

Walmart is comeing to rupert and shoppers is going were extra foods was,see listen to
and you wont go wrong…

[quote=“ajaye46”]Walmart is comeing to rupert and shoppers is going were extra foods was,see listen to
and you wont go wrong…[/quote]

Judging by the rest of your predictions, I still think you’re an unreliable fortune teller. At least your accuracy went up to 0.001%.

Even a broken clock is right a couple of times per day.

Ajaye predicted a couple of years ago that Bill Gates was going to buy the Watson Island pulp mill.

ALL HAIL AJAYE

I’m relatively sure that ajaye46 getting it right coincides with some cataclysmic event in the Mayan calender. Be afraid.

Well Shoppers moving has been pretty public knowledge for almost 3 months now, so Aj isn’t really on the ball on that one. I heard it won’t b until at least May for Shoppers to move.

If you check the date of the thread, Ajaye made the prediction on July 22 which is over three months ago. By bringing this thread up to date, Ajaye fans get one more opportunity to gloat.