[Ajaye Prediction] wal mart comeing to prince rupert

[quote=“ajaye46”]This is a fact wal mart is comeing to prince rupert it will be takeing over the zellers site
and shoppers is expanding to were extra foods was so this means jobs jobs.[/quote]

So why would Target which recently bought out HBC and it’s affiliated stores, surrender territory to Wal Mart. This makes no sense, while we probably won’t see Target here, I can’t see them letting the market get away even from the Zellers brand.

Honestly, you should change employers, with your sense of the future, you should be with the provincial government, I see from a separate thread on the board, Pat Bell says it’s going to be Jobs, Jobs, you sound like his kind of lackey.

[quote=“ajaye46”]This is a fact wal mart is comeing to prince rupert it will be takeing over the zellers site
and shoppers is expanding to were extra foods was so this means jobs jobs.[/quote]

So why would Target which recently bought out HBC and it’s affiliated stores, surrender territory to Wal Mart. This makes no sense, while we probably won’t see Target here, I can’t see them letting the market get away even from the Zellers brand.

Honestly, you should change employers, with your sense of the future, you should be with the provincial government, I see from a separate thread on the board, Pat Bell says it’s going to be Jobs, Jobs, you sound like his kind of lackey.

Ajaye, absolutely zero of your predictions have come true. If you say Wal-Mart is coming to Prince Rupert, then it isn’t.

Did Bill Gates buy Watson Island yet? No? You had 100% proof that was going to happen 3 years ago, didn’t you?

and on a related note

Thanks ajaye46. Its been fairly bland here the past few days. At least you have
given us some more of yor silly crap to either amuse or irritate people.

My friend who i golfed with is tom cheng the owner of the mall if he dosnt know then there is something wrong
he will make it happen its in the final stages,he really cares about prince rupert and he is a super guy.

[quote=“ajaye46”]My friend who i golfed with is tom cheng the owner of the mall if he dosnt know then there is something wrong
he will make it happen its in the final stages,he really cares about prince rupert and he is a super guy.[/quote]

The problem is you should have just said in your first post… “My friend is working to make XYZ happen.” Instead, you again post rumor as “fact”. This has led to you have less than zero believability around here.

zellers was having a huge sale last month, they were getting rid of zellers products for target goods, haven’t heard if they were going to get rid of those for walmart goods, but according to the business papers last round of who gets what and who gets shutdown from the sale of zellers leases to target, and the ones target sold to walmart, should be either in August or September for the business section of the globe say early fall. and yes the rumour is walmart getting our zellers outlet but that is yet to be seen, but a contractor I know of has said he was asked to bid on renovating upstairs of the mall, for a retailer was looking at 40,000 sq feet of space, the intent was to move mark’s and reitmans downstairs

[quote=“ajaye46”]My friend who i golfed with is tom cheng the owner of the mall if he dosnt know then there is something wrong
he will make it happen its in the final stages,he really cares about prince rupert and he is a super guy.[/quote]

I figured you must be spending time with tommy chong…

Good Lord, doesn’t anyone read the business section of the newspapers?
Target DID sell some Zellers locations to WalMart, but they aren’t going to be WalMarts.
And ask anyone who works at one how much they enjoy 2 or 3 days a week, or just enough to NOT qualify for benefits before you think WalMart would save your ass. Get off it and find a real one.
Just came back from a mine where I saw more 20-30 year olds working for good money than I have seen in any one place since the 70s.

Let us suspend disbelief for one moment and assume you’re correct, ajaye46. Hell Mart is indeed coming to Prince Rupert. Is your golf buddy going to be happy that you’ve informed everyone about a pending secret business deal? Call me crazy, but, I think most entrepreneurs like to announce things like this themselves.

WalMart will never come to Prince Rupert. Why would they when you can drive 90 miles to one. We don’t have the population to support it even with the outlying areas. We don’t have the population to support anything right now. Zellers may become something else but it will be a low end type store I’m sure. Then again why would any business want to go into that mall, its one of the ugliest that I’ve ever been in.

pretty sure it wouldnt be walmart . they have a sub par store brand similar to fields i can see that coming. i just remember the franshise name right now

Urban 90 is the name of Walmart’s new low end small stores… this story is in Ontario, but likely this is what we will see here in the future.

It is sad that it will be yet another low end store in Rupert, but the zellers was getting pretty bad… RIP Zellers…

canadiangrocer.com/top-stori … ronto-7733

they are going to be doing something, because the Manager has left or is leaving and headoffice isn’t bringing in a new one, they are just going to be rotating managers from other stores once a month and the senior employees say that come September/October they maybe laid off for about 8 months for renovations and probably to get rid of some employees, that should have been gone along time ago!

I know this sounds crazy, but I heard from a fairly reliable source that this is actually happening at the Zellers location in the mall (with Reitmans/Marks moving else where in the mall to accomodate an expansion).

I can’t say where I heard this, but I am not just blowing smoke…the person who told me this is usually in the know.

Ajaye for once, might actually be right on the money…who would have thunk it!

Throw enough darts at a target and sooner or later you’re going to hit it, no matter how bad you are.

A&W is looking to move into Rupert
awfranchise.ca/regions/british-columbia/

So Is Boston Pizza
bostonpizza.com/en/franchisi … ities.aspx

And this truck company
cap-it.com/franchise-available.html

And the PitaPit
pitapit.ca/franchise/opportunities

This weekly newspaper
franchiseadvantage.com/Keywo … _Sale.aspx

And a home inspection company
homealyzefranchise.com/available … -columbia/

I’m sure there are more as well, there usually is :smile: maybe ajaye and friends can take all their millions and become angel investors in the community - rather than promote the big box store crap.

I sure hope the city sent these companies a letter, expressing their support.
Perhaps community futures or tricorp could get involved somehow, they help access funds for start-ups. It is my understanding than buying into a franchise can get quite expensive.

(btw - Prince Rupert has been on A&W’s list for a while)

Somebody hurry up and open the A&W. I’m craving some of thier onion rings.

Had a Spicy Mama on the way to Prince George yesterday. Wow, you could almost taste it. About 0.2 on the Scoville scale.
Anyone else notice when they show ads of a hand holding a burger that it must be the hand of a four year old airbrushed to look like an adult?