Air Canada Jazz

I know a couple of the security folks over there and they always take the bus back and forth, their shift change obviously timed with the flights. I know the weather guy years back used to take his car as he had to be there so early in the morning but  many of those jobs are obsolete now.  Aside from the airline employees and maintenance, there aren’t that many people travelling over there anyway.

Dex, I have one of my neighbours who works at the airport doing maintenance and he goes in every morning of his shift and he said they have a nice little covered boat. He said it is along the same line as the one which goes to Metlakatla if not the same, they do not take the ferry. The crew which works for airlines go across with the same boat as the passengers.They are on one of the buses, hint hint some of them wear uniforms.

My Two Cents, we are not upset at any comments at all and yes we are proud of who we are. It is just when we see someone or hear someone who seems to or claims to know all. For some reason he sounds like he is only preaching and you know how we feel about preachers  I am sure. 

Some probably do. Take the Jazz bus in for Hawkair security then back for example. But all airport staff and most other Jazz and Hawkair staff drive on in vehicle. Although I do see carpooling.

As far as I can see all the maintenance staff working at the airport takes the early morning ferry. I know them all and I take the same ferry. Jazz staff, Airport staff, sometimes contractors.  Ask your neighbour where he parks his boat? LOL!!

I thought that the Hawkair and Jazz employees took the bus from the Highliner same as the passengers, if not, they are imitating airline employees very well. I want a uniform too.LOL  Do you work over there?

So!  " For some reason", unknown to you, you think someone may be preaching in the subject of “Airports and Ferries” so you have to insult them, tell them you wouldn’t catch a ferry or plane with them and bring up your personal relationships in the same post?

Yes

As what, welcome mat or welcome wagon.

Spider, Spider, Spider… this forum allows people to vent, in their own funny ways, so sometimes you ( we ) need to turn the other cheek and ignore those posts which need “no” comments. It’s hard to do , I admit to having no restraint to a comment or two, but still I think you take this forum a wee bit to seriously. There are some serious events, but I find some of the postees are trying to get some attention…let it be. :wink:

ki thkink you have exceeded your two cents  :smiley:

Decker… ya ki thkink  :smiley:

keyboard is messed up didnt notice that typo. just thought id be a smart ass lol

Is this another word association thread?

LOL!!! I was thinking more along the lines of a Rorschach inkblot thread.

It all depends on what airline you are taking… most security and Hawkair personnel usually take the airport ferry over in the bus, with passengers.  Yes, sometimes the security will get on the same ferry with a personal vehicle. 

Air Canada Jazz however, has their office at the airport, and needs it’s employees there before their customers, so they take an earlier ferry, usually just for themselves, or other airport workers as well.

(three dots)

ok

I never get what the beef is with Airline service out of here…
I know the ferry is a pain but that is not the fault of either airline…
I agree Hawk Air offers some in flight perks that the big guys just don’t, however
the staff at Jazz are all wonderful… Most flight delays involve weather and no one can control that…  

I agree…I have never had any problems with either airline and I kind of enjoy the ferry ride over there.  All part of the experience  :smiley:  I have flown in and out in good and really bad weather, no big deal…I’m an Air Force brat, I can handle the trauma  :smiley:

There are several reasons that I personally will choose Hawk air.

1. The very helpful, efficient and friendly service agents both here and in Vancouver.
  2. The ease of getting through to their reservation number in Vancouver.
  3. The South terminal’s ease of access and parking.
  4. Their availability of open ended medical travel.
  5. Using the ‘Shop Local’ idea applied to travel within BC.
  6. Personal experience of the very caring attitude of the local staff during a very                difficult time that travel was necessary for medical reasons.
  7. Downtown check in with a real waiting room as opposed to sitting on your suitcase
    on the sidewalk in front of the hotel entrance. (Jazz should take some pictures of that
    for their advertising brochure. ‘Largest air conditioned waiting room in the world’)