Ahhhh tooo hotttt

[quote=“Anonymous”]Here’s a hint: on hot days, close your curtains/shades, keep the windows closed. Open them when the sun goes down, close them again when it starts to get hot.

The problem is that people generally do the opposite (open windows when it’s hot), and let the hot air in during the day.[/quote]

That works well except the mosquitos know how to use wirecutters in this town! (slap!) 8)

[quote=“hoshq”]In retrospect, I should have bought a fan on that drive to Terrace…

But yeah, I know this isn’t really hot. I remember when I went to Thailand, stepping from the climate controlled 22-degree 0% humidity plane to the 45-degree 100% humidity terminal was agonizing. To do it gradually (like here) is hard enough, but to do it all at once was unreal. It felt more like I was swimming through the air.[/quote]

fans were like sold out in terrace…it was around 37 there yesterday i think, it wasnt that bad tho considering every place you went there had excellent air conditioning compared to here.

i hope this weather never leaves!!!

i’ll take rain over this any day

I think I saw you near Exstew on your way to Terrace. On Thrusday we took a fairly nice DFO zodiac up to Port Simpson and then down to Skeena Gap to collect some samples and stuff. Being on the water at a fairly good speed kept me very chilly, but I soon discovered I was ridiculously burnt in the face. I spent most of the rest of that night and Saturday wishing I wore SPF 50+ or soemthing as blisters appeared on my face and started doing their thing… It was hot enough at Exstew last yesterday to dry that crap out and stand next to that insane waterfall without getting too cold. I hadn’t seen those falls before from the ground. It’s an incredible first experience…

I like the heat!

:confused:

We camped at the Pentecostal Camp just past Terrace this weekend, the heat was awesome. I love the heat, my wife and Isaac, however, were glad that we had a fan in our cabin.