Ad for fireman

Very interesting indeed! I don’t envy Mayor Brain. He is stepping into a real mess.

Some would call it a hell hole.

[quote=“Crazy Train”]

Some would call it a hell hole.[/quote]

Yes. Indeed. Brain has his work cut out for him.

But Mayor Brain will figure it out. All of his ideas are rock solid.

I don’t know about rock solid, but I’m pretty confident that Mayor Brain and some of the change councillors will soon come to the conclusion that the Watson Island case needs a major re-think.

We’ll see. I’m just glad Garry Reece doesn’t own Watson Island

Maybe Mr Reece does not personally own the island, but it seems that the Lax Kwalaams Band feels that they have a significant interest in the island. The following is an excerpt from this link
nationtalk.ca/story/coast-tsimsh … on-island/

"Chief Councillor John Helin of Lax Kw’alaams stated unequivocally that “If potential purchasers of the Watson Island site have not properly consulted with the Coast Tsimshian (as required under Section 35 of the Constitution Act, 1982), prior to their attempted purchase of the site, we will oppose the purchase with the full force of law to protect the environment and further potential harmful impact on our Aboriginal rights.”

To date, no potential buyers of the site has contacted or consulted with the Coast Tsimshian.

In addition, Chief Helin asserts “We have been looking at the Watson Island site for the past two years and have invested considerable resources and effort into exploring how Coast Tsimshian are best suited as owners of the site, to deal most appropriately with serious environmental issues that currently exist. Coast Tsimshian also wish to be constructive contributors to the northern economy. We have the largest forestry licence in the area that can be used generate employment, and opportunities on the site. We wish to work together with the City of Prince Rupert to build a long-term economic base on Watson Island that benefits the entire region.”

cfnrfm.ca/terrace-fire-departmen … olunteers/

Why can’t they just hire one?

What a difference a 100 miles makes!!!

You’re so cheap, saltybear. Any more creative ideas?

Totally qualified. Probably available for reduced wages
cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c … -1.2957654