Accept Petronas- Get Land

The sediments from the pulp mill have been dormant for years. That’s why dredging was/is an issue.

Marc Johannsen is contracted by Petronas to deliver an environmental report that will pass Canada’s CEAA. It’s hardly indpenedent science, though not necessarilu merritless. But he has as much much bias as anyone else in this fight and shouldn’t be seen as definitive – especially in the face of counterarguments from oceanagrophers and biologists with much experience in the area.

It’s a pretty crummy area for any industry terminal. But Petronas can■t build anywhere else because Exxon owns lot 444 for now, BG has the right to Ridley Island, Nexen is workin near Dodge Cove and someone else has Grassy Point. There is literally nowhere else for Petronas to go. Thus the public pressure – either let us build here or you will never have other jobs here again.

Its not a very conving argument, but thats not the point.

It has also postulated that the pulp mill effluent tweaked the chromosomes of the fry thus resulting in the massive salmon that used to be caught. You may not be aware of it, but there is a pretty good correlation between the shutting down of the mill and the disappearance of the really big salmon.

Foolishness aside… it is quite likely that the various players in this LNG race are starting to assess each other as possible partners. These are all international companies and I believe some of them have entered into agreements in other situations - joint venturing projects reduces their risk exposure. I suspect that before all this is over (hopefully soon!) we will have a number of partnerships created.

In my view, Shell made a masterstroke in optioning Lot 444 as I have not heard about any significant environmental concerns. However, to make it work, one of the things they will probably need to do is build a road to the site. I can not see them trying to build and service the site by water.

If a road was constructed to Lot 444, it would not be too difficult for a road to extend to Lax Kwa’alaams and I am sure that folks living in Lax Kwa’alaams are aware of this possibility. Should this road extension be built, the next logical step would be to further extend the road out to the end of the peninsula to Village of Metlakatla. I am sure that a few folks have thought about this too. For both Metalakatla and Lax Kwa’alaams getting a road to their communities would be a significant economic and social benefit far outweighing any cash or land exchange.

My info was dead on I told u folks I had the truth about the lax band deal they don’t like the locaion lelu island.were do we go from here will the the city hold back on spending more money from a fund until a deal is done or you keep spending and raiseing taxes I would be very careful

So will the Lax Kwa’alaams also abandon their logging that is so detrimental to fish habitat ?

powellriverpersuader.blogspot.ca … al-is.html

What’s your point to the link other than trying to stir the pot about what’s construed as racism ?? That’s a pretty biased blog and so are the comments to it.

Try reading this article…It might help you armchair experts figure things out…

powellriverpersuader.blogspot.ca … f-our.html

[quote=“Grant G”]Try reading this article…It might help you armchair experts figure things out…

powellriverpersuader.blogspot.ca … f-our.html[/quote]

I’m pretty sure most of the folks know that Lelu Island was not the right location for PETRONAS to build their export terminal, but we don’t need a smart ass blogger having to explain it in the condescending manner that he did. Speedy’s link was pretty much a rant against Murray Kristoff and what someone’s opinion is of what they think is racism here in the Northwest. J.M.O.

It was racism, and you defend it, for shame…Here, try this link instead…

westcoastnativenews.com/why-the- … l-is-dead/

[quote=“Grant G”]It was racism, and you defend it, for shame…Here, try this link instead…

westcoastnativenews.com/why-the- … l-is-dead/[/quote]

I think it was a poor choice of words. Is Mr Kristoff racist. I don’t know. Do you ?

[quote=“Grant G”]Try reading this article…It might help you armchair experts figure things out…

This is like the Ezra Levant style of left-handed “journalism”.

[quote=“Grant G”]It was racism, and you defend it, for shame…Here, try this link instead…

Ah yes… the race card. Works everytime when someone criticises another.

Listen to the podcast, it was racism, wasn■t poor choice of words, …Murray Kristoff on more than one occasion spoke in racist terms…

podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/podcasts/bcal … _18733.mp3

And it doesn■t matter, First Nations voted unanimously against Petronas

You lost me at “And to you, the people, the public, get off your lazy asses…”

“Those type of voters” is not a racist comment. This isn’t a racial issue so don’t make it one.

How is he racist?

PS: Listened to the podcast, so how is he racist?

[quote=“PLA”]

How is he racist?

PS: Listened to the podcast, so how is he racist?[/quote]

Grant is the one who wants to play the race card. He just wants to stir up trouble amongst us here on Hacking the Main Frame.

I know that. Just waiting to see if he could explain. lol

Let us try to get back on topic please. Thanks.

I agree. I’m still trying to figure out how its a unanimous decision when only a small percentage of the band voted.

You commenters are pretty thick, deliberately ignorant…

Murray Kristoff is not some guy off the street, he was a councilor, an elected official, …He said what he said, he knew what he said, how he said it and why he said it…

Murray Kristoff said, on radio, and I quote…“This particular band(Lax Kw’alaams)
has given its members what appears to be voting power over this project, whereas we have never heard of any other bands doing such a thing, its been a long time coming for this project as everyone knows, now its in the hands of those type of voters”

Murray Kristoff is worried about his gain, he■s bought up land and shops…He rolled the dice and now he is steaming mad, his motives are money.

This comment thread is dead, no intelligence here, nothing but excuse makers for racists and those with vested interest.

Unanimous vote against Petronas, deal with it.!