Accept Petronas- Get Land

These bands have signed agreements for other proposed projects.

cfnrfm.ca/three-first-nations-si … greements/

[quote=“Gracies Mom”]These bands have signed agreements for other proposed projects.

cfnrfm.ca/three-first-nations-si … greements/[/quote]

Good to see someone willing to look for some facts. The full list of Natural Gas Pipeline Benefit agreements is a quite a bit longer, but the agreements are between the individual bands and BC. They effectively say that for now the bands will work with the province on these issues, but they are not committed to support Petronas or any other particular proposal.
< www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/topic.page?id … 540ED26D04 >

The term sheet between Lax Kw’alaams and BC goes considerably farther, but then BC is offering to put a lot more on the table, apart from what Petronas is offering.

Talking to a band board member its not the gas or money its the area lelu island just won’t work for them.peternus needs to find a new location that’s all it will take.

ok Ajaye band board members are in Rupert right now for their 2 days of meetings before going to vancouver for the 2 days of meetings there, you said you no longer live in Rupert so how is that you talked to a board member? and second I know you can read and spell so plz spell Petronas properly and stop writing as if you didn’t graduate school. and it is not just the location any LNG will always be despised by environmentalists whether it be in kitimat, lelu island or ridley island, the only reason they are so opposed to Lelu island right now is because it is the closest to making a go ahead decision.

The board member is a friend of mine and it was nice for him to give me the the real story and yes I do not live in rupert no more but after fourty nine years there I still care for my home town.

“A friend of mine” is pretty much right out of the ajaye playbook. He/she always seems to have a secret inside track on Rupert stuff.

Yes, the ajaye playbook, let’s explore that thought.

ajaye46, nobody gave you the “real story”. It is not something that is your’s. The most that can be said is that you may know someone on the Lax Kw’alaams council. You say they are a “friend”; whether they think the same of you is unknown.

So you now come on here, resuming your old role as #1 insider, sharing the “real story”, while the rest of us muddle along relying on news, public documents and any chatter that seems to ring true or make sense. Of course your “real story” never actually contains much of the story, but then we should all understand that it comes from your personal sources.

You skip over that the Lax Kw’alaams mayor and council do not need you to pass on any “real story”. They’ve documented what have obviously been high level discussions with Petronas and the Province; called a series of meetings with their members to seek “guidance” (their word), and made documents available to the general public, which suggests that they’ll have more to say at an appropriate time.

ajaye46, I do not see where you fit into this at all. You do not seem to even qualify as the fly on the wall, let alone someone who has the “real story”.

Of course no one should think badly or the less of you for talking about the internal affairs of the Lax Kw’alaams first nation, because you do what you do because you “still care”, which of course can be used as an excuse for pretty much anything.

I think that I can see why City management finally had enough of you.

Derisively speaking, ajaye46 is quite a very interesting person in real life…

I wonder what other “real stories” from his “friends” he wanted to share tonight. lol

“it is not just the location any LNG will always be despised by environmentalists whether it be in kitimat, lelu island or ridley island, the only reason they are so opposed to Lelu island right now is because it is the closest to making a go ahead decision.”-Jabber
The Lax Kw’alaams people both in Lax Kw’alaams and then in Prince Rupert stood up unanimously to oppose the Petronas project on Lelu. They certainly aren’t all a bunch of environmentalists who despise any LNG. It is general knowledge that the issue is Flora Bank. it has been reported in numerous papers and I don’t know about you but anyone with friends who are Lax Kw’alaams members know the issue is the site.
Attacking the messenger won’t change that.
I wish I had been in the meeting to hear the dueling science. I heard it got heated. We have many excellent scientists in the region who people here have learned to like and respect. Plus Dr. McLaren with international credentials. Face it the site is no good.
It was rejected in the seventies. There is something wrong with the way the port is managed. They have a mandate to increase trade and it is pretty obvious they pursued that goal without enough thought for the salmon. They probably knew Petronas was one of the most likely LNG projects to succeed and yet they stuck it on Lelu and are still hoarding land on Ridley which is not needed for Canpotex or for the coal expansion. This is a case of a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. They want oil-by-rail on Ridley land and they risked losing Petronas for it and I doubt very much they will ever see their oil terminal dreams come true either.

[quote=“atsea”]
"There is something wrong with the way the port is managed. They have a mandate to increase trade and it is pretty obvious they pursued that goal without enough thought for the salmon. They probably knew Petronas was one of the most likely LNG projects to succeed and yet they stuck it on Lelu and are still hoarding land on Ridley which is not needed for Canpotex or for the coal expansion. This is a case of a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. They want oil-by-rail on Ridley land and they risked losing Petronas for it and I doubt very much they will ever see their oil terminal dreams come true either.[/quote]

Calling Michael Gurney, the Port guy. Some questions need answering:

• Did the Port stick Petronas out on Lelu Island, which is well known to be no good as a site? Some of us have been assuming that Petronas decided on their own to apply to CEAA for environmental approval of an LNG project on Lelu Island.

• Is the Port hoarding land on Ridley that is not needed for Canpotex or coal expansion?

• If it is hoarding, would that be because the Port would rather see oil-by-rail on Ridley?

It’s not going to happen!

Yes. It. Is.

Petronas is broke so how do u figure that??

Show us the proof that they are broke.

Yes I’m a man with the inside information btaverren your just jealous because I have more information then you andi don’t even live in rupert.

powellriverpersuader.blogspot.ca … t.html?m=1

If Petronas is broke right now, then we can say “selamat tinggal” to the economic might that is Malaysia…

But Malaysia isn’t dead, nor is Petronas. They only lost $2 billions, and the company is worth how much?

“your just jealous because I have more information then you” - Another usual phrase straight from the playbook. You need a new one, ajaye.

LOL @ the “Petronas is broke” comment…now I have officially heard it all from this crazy as all fuck message board.

[quote=“BTravenn”]
I think that I can see why City management finally had enough of you.[/quote]

That is a bit of a zinger. Let us try to keep it civil folks. Now with you back ajaye I have work to do again. Heh. :smile:

btraven, are you employed by the city, or have you been in the past?

What is the source of all of your knowledge?