Abandoned Baby coming back to Prince Rupert

Hello Prince Rupert!

My name is Janet Keall and I was abandoned in Prince Rupert on October 13, 1977.

I will be in town on Friday, May 20th and staying until Tuesday.

I am actively searching for any clues or leads surrounding my existence and biological parents. I would appreciate any genuine feedback or comments.

Look forward to your response and support.

Best regards,

Janet Keall

:confused:

Hi Janet… good luck with your search.
Considering your initial birth into this crual world, it looks like you made it quite far.
I understand why you would want to know about your biological background, etc… but on the other hand is it really worth it?
I have witnessed many cases where people end up feeling worse in the long run.
Live for tomorrow, not yesterday.

[quote=“Tootz”]Hi Janet… good luck with your search.
Considering your initial birth into this crual world, it looks like you made it quite far.
I understand why you would want to know about your biological background, etc… but on the other hand is it really worth it?
I have witnessed many cases where people end up feeling worse in the long run.
Live for tomorrow, not yesterday.[/quote]

I guess it would just give comfort to that person.

Welcome.

I hope the best for you and your search. I’m in Terrace or I’d do what I could. :smile:

I can understand that the “not knowing” could be the worst thing in the world. Keep at it.

s.

Im going to share a Story for you janetkeall
But first Welcome to the site.

My story is some what the same, I was given up for adoption when I was born, My adopted Parents always told me since I was a young child that I was not biological there son. This was always fine with me as my mom and dad were great parents, They also told me that my Mom was young when she had me and already had a daughter, remember this is 1966 were single teenage moms was frond upon.
So since I was young I new I had a mom and sister. I was never interested in finding my mother because I was raised by a good people. But I did have a fascination with knowing my sister and more about my background history. So If you now anything about the adoption laws in BC you now that the parents and the children identity are protected, that a parent can not get names or the children can not get names until the parents or child put there names in to a registry to be found. Well I never applied or put my name into the registry.
Well ever since Rupert got high speed internet I have been on the net and of course my MSN and Yahoo accounts or not hidden I use my real name David Lee Watson as I have nothing to hide.
Well two years ago My biological mother asked the Province Of BC for information about me, they told her since I didn’t sign up for the registry they could not give her much info just the basics if I was alive or dead. She said that was fine she wanted to know if I was ok. Well a month goes by and my mother get the letter from the province she opened the letter up and in the letter it had my adoptive parents names and my name In black and white nothing was blacked out, (CAN YOU SAY LAWSUITE) lol anyways she puts that in to Yahoo messenger and starts going through the list well I was the first one on the list when I get a message on Yahoo asking if I was David Lee Watson who was born in April 1966, I was like “No, who is thisâ€

[quote=“janetkeall”]Hello Prince Rupert!

My name is Janet Keall and I was abandoned in Prince Rupert on October 13, 1977.

I will be in town on Friday, May 20th and staying until Tuesday.

I am actively searching for any clues or leads surrounding my existence and biological parents. I would appreciate any genuine feedback or comments.

Look forward to your response and support.

Best regards,

Janet Keall[/quote]

Well don’t expect any pizza pockets and tang along the way

Good luck btw

David.

Thanks for sharing your story. It’s awesome that you’ve been able to connect with them.

Once again, good luck Janet. :wink:

s/.

who knew yahoo could be such a wonderful thing
although I’m not fond of giving my last name on the net

Daily News wrote:

[quote]Many former residents will be returning home to Prince Rupert and fond childhood memories this week. For Janet Keall, she’s returning to a home she never knew.

Keall, 27, was abandoned on the steps of the city’s hospital on October 14, 1977, less than a day after she was born. This will be her first trip back since she began searching for her birth mother locally during a trip in 1997.

“It’s a little overwhelming because it’s so emotional,â€[/quote]

[quote=“Astrothug”]Im going to share a Story for you janetkeall
But first Welcome to the site.

My story is some what the same, I was given up for adoption when I was born, My adopted Parents always told me since I was a young child that I was not biological there son. This was always fine with me as my mom and dad were great parents, They also told me that my Mom was young when she had me and already had a daughter, remember this is 1966 were single teenage moms was frond upon.
So since I was young I new I had a mom and sister. I was never interested in finding my mother because I was raised by a good people. But I did have a fascination with knowing my sister and more about my background history. So If you now anything about the adoption laws in BC you now that the parents and the children identity are protected, that a parent can not get names or the children can not get names until the parents or child put there names in to a registry to be found. Well I never applied or put my name into the registry.
Well ever since Rupert got high speed internet I have been on the net and of course my MSN and Yahoo accounts or not hidden I use my real name David Lee Watson as I have nothing to hide.
Well two years ago My biological mother asked the Province Of BC for information about me, they told her since I didn’t sign up for the registry they could not give her much info just the basics if I was alive or dead. She said that was fine she wanted to know if I was ok. Well a month goes by and my mother get the letter from the province she opened the letter up and in the letter it had my adoptive parents names and my name In black and white nothing was blacked out, (CAN YOU SAY LAWSUITE) lol anyways she puts that in to Yahoo messenger and starts going through the list well I was the first one on the list when I get a message on Yahoo asking if I was David Lee Watson who was born in April 1966, I was like “No, who is thisâ€[/quote]

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to pass on a thanks to everyone’s kind responses.

Prince Rupert was great to visit, and the people were so friendly, warm and genuine. However, it was a very emotional time.

I met the man who found me at the very same spot. That “spot” was very emotional and still taking it’s toll on me. At the same time, it was healing as well. I needed to relive it. I needed to know more.

Perhaps I will always have mystery, but along the way, through some great people, I can find some peices of the puzzle.

P.S. Watch out for me in the October issue in Chatelaine, I will be the feature article.

Janet!

I’m glad you found some healing on your trip back to Prince Rupert, Janet. Maybe in the end you’ll discover that the journey will teach you more about yourself than the destination ever could. I wish you the best in finding the rest of the pieces to your “puzzle”.

Mike

Hi Janet

I saw you at the homecoming and wanted to speak to you but you were already talking to others. As someone who was born and raised in Prince Rupert I am interested in how I can help. I am curious as to what information if any you have learned in your search. Any possibilities? Have you discovered what ethnicity that you might be? I am sure that the people that you are trying to find are out there and for whatever reason they have been unable to come forward. Keep at it and I’m sure that you will find answers to your questions.