A&w

So when is the official ground breaking ceremony for the new A&W ?

Prince Rumor says it’s on hold… city of PR wants $2000 per parking stall… but like I say, just a rumor I heard. maybe A&W will take over the Pizza Hut building? lol

That actually makes sense. It would be easy to impliment a drive through with that building

If they build the pellet plant, then A&W burgers will taste like sandpaper because of all the wood dust in the air.

I think someone should buy the old Daily News building… That would be the best location… I heard some months ago that the parking lot in the Rupert Square is built on Muskey and would not be about to sustain the New A&W building… The Daily News building has all of that and more… Where are the Entrepreneur in town???

I was actually told by a friend of mine that the Mall was built on sawdust from the Mill and unfortunately so was her house. Currently undergoing thousands of dollars in repairs to her foundation as it has been collapsing. There are so many empty buildings in this town for a new venture, take your pick! What is happening with the now demo’d Via Rail building?

Someone already bought the old daily news building.

I have heard that the hold up with A&W has nothing to do with the city, but rather the Ministry of Highways. They are asking for a traffic study to be done, since they believe that the drive-thru will affect traffic on 2nd. avenue, which is an extension of the highway, as is McBride street. A traffic study would cost tens of thousands of dollars. I don’t know what they are smoking at the ministry but they should share. If this is true then any location within a block of 2nd. avenue and McBride street would need a traffic study. Where in the hell would you be able to build an A&W drive-thru that wasn’t within a block of those two streets and still be viable?

The A&W in Terrace is on Highway 16. So is the Tim Horton’s. And Walmart. All of it has an effect on traffic. That’s why you have roads.

This was way before my time here but didn’t the old A&W used to be where Sherman Motors is now and isn’t that business up for sale? Re-vamp it and open it where it used to be although I have no idea why it closed in the first place, anyone remember? Another one of Ruperts’ used to be’s !

No, that was a tastee freeze, or however you spell it. A&W was near the SPCA.

I heard a&w sucks, you should beg the people who opened pita pit in terrace to open one there. Costs the same and doesnt end with you ironically shitting your processed cow intestines into a colostomy bag.

I’m shocked. You want to compare the third world offerings of somewhere they can’t wait for yeast to rise or cows to fatten to a North American burger?
Druther have a Grampa Teen and a side of fries than a goat meat and olive oil wrap and a couple feel-awfuls.

best place for A&W is where park ave store is knock that down and lots of space to develop beside too

Like someone said, part of the problem was having a drive-thru site on Highway 16. Not that’s it’s not allowed, but there is a bureaucracy involved with specific criteria in building because all governments are set up to do is avoid liability.
So they’re examining other potential sites along with TIm Hortons

How about the Sherman GM building that’s for sale that used to be a drive in at one point, it’s a perfect location !

That’s a good idea. What about the empty lot beside service BC across from Northern Savings? Just have the drive through off 3rd instead of off Mcbride.
Or any of the sites that the new emergency building doesn’t end up getting built on

[quote=“dagojols”]That’s a good idea. What about the empty lot beside service BC across from Northern Savings? Just have the drive through off 3rd instead of off Mcbride.
Or any of the sites that the new emergency building doesn’t end up getting built on[/quote]

That would be a great spot, but the car congestion would be too bad there. What happened to the Royop Corporation royop.com/ that was going to build a strip mall at the old bc hydro site just out the highway ?

[quote=“Speedy”]

[quote=“dagojols”]That’s a good idea. What about the empty lot beside service BC across from Northern Savings? Just have the drive through off 3rd instead of off Mcbride.
Or any of the sites that the new emergency building doesn’t end up getting built on[/quote]

That would be a great spot, but the car congestion would be too bad there. What happened to the Royop Corporation royop.com/ that was going to build a strip mall at the old bc hydro site just out the highway ?[/quote]

They decided that the cost of site preparation for a shopping complex was just too high to make it feasible, if memory serves me correctly.