A place for good, cheap computers

Does your monitor recognize the attached video cable?..or are you using a different form of video interface? On my monitor I have to manually set it to component or dvi for whatever I want to view from whichever source.

computer is not posting, has nothing to do with how the monitor is connect, or even if a monitor is connected…

Just built a drafting station for a local Band last month and the 500W that came with the case did just that, no boot. When the same card was put into a gaming box we had with an 850W, it worked fine.
We upgraded the PS on the new one (PITA - has a forward facing PS and top vent, much reassembly) and it worked. I admit, it could be possible the original PS had a bad video connector, we never checked that.

Just sold one of those ugly Lenovo fireplugs (Core2, 1.86Ghz) for $150 yesterday. Someone abandoned a similar Touch computer here and it looks much sexier in the cafe area.
Some scrounge also came by and took SIX sub 1000MHz boxes away. Hope he likes Ubuntu as much as I like the shelf space.

Tigerdirect offered the card and PS together as a package, so you know they’re compatable.

Here’s the ad, tigerdirect.com/applications … CatId=7005

Could be a bad card as my 2 Nvidea cards work just fine. I’m going to pop it in a friend’s system over the weekend and see if it fires up. My other 2 computers are AGP.

x

I’ve decided to return the card for something else. My best guess is the IBM motherboard is not backward compatible with pci-e 2.

Meanwhile, I wandered into Goodwill store today and there was another computer sold as-is, no refunds. Beautiful brushed aluminum case with side window, 3ghz pentium, 512 mb ram, 64 mb video card, cd rewritable, DVD Rom. No hard drive was the only problem I could find. I installed an old 40 gig I had laying around with xp and it just purrs.

All for a 20 dollar bill. It was a good day after all. Probably resell it to some kid. But not for $20 , ha ha.

x