A hole needing to be filled

Seems now that the Daily News is gone, Rupertites are junking up the Hydro poles and lamp poles with their signs. Even Something Special is getting in on the act. I would have thought a local business would have more class than that.

I thought they were one of the stores that went out of business last year…Ummm, could be wrong though and people can certainly advertise in The View and The Connector so don’t see the problem . I do see more signs for garage sales but that is normal anyway !

I thought they went out of business too, but apparently not quite.

Its a piece of paper on a pole, I have never seen papers building up like they do in Vancouver. Daily News closing down is a good thing, safe trees. People like you complaining about things like this will just make it harder for a local business survive.

[quote=“Captain Hangglander”]Arrrrhh Billy. got a hole you need to be filled? Ever been to sea?
Arrrhhh!![/quote]

LMAO :smile:

[quote=“billy”]

Its a piece of paper on a pole, I have never seen papers building up like they do in Vancouver. Daily News closing down is a good thing, safe trees. People like you complaining about things like this will just make it harder for a local business survive.[/quote]

Yup, and all the people who are out of jobs and still hunting for new ones, that’s great too isn’t it? Since when does mentioning that an abundance of advertisements on the hydro poles, make it harder on local buisnesses?

I really havent noticed that it maybe makes downtown look junky I might now that someone has mentioned it as long as the bussiness that are posting on the hydro poles are making an effort to take down old ones … maybe a community bulletin board where those of us with small business’ can put a little ad up for the community to see while walking downtown would definitly have to be maintained so it didnt pile up it is hard to advertise more with the daily news closed down, but its life so we have to make other arrangements for advertisment.

Our noticeboards are starting to look tacky here in the Fort with people too damn cheap to buy an ad. The weekly local paper is down to 4 pages with zero ads, the online Buy & Sell board is consistently empty, but there’s a ton of paper waving at you as you enter the Overwaitea for goddam houses for sale.
The sellers have no clue that as soon as I see their crappy inkjet home for sale sign, they’re flagged as a cheap bastard and I know as a buyer there’s no deal to be had. The seller simply wants to pocket the commission as well.
We also get 2 or 3 ppl a week asking staff to put their notices on the For Sale forum, like it’s just so damn hard to register yourself. Staff will tell them we’ll show you how to do it yourself and you can use a cafe computer here for no charge, but they all run away. Every single one, every time. Their 12 yr olds must’ve set up their Facebook accounts for them.
Last week Cath pointed out a huge sign stuck overtop of everyone else’s on the Overwaitea board for a “Huge Garage Sale Saturday”. They forgot to put where it was or even a phone number!

[quote=“codybear933”]

I thought they were one of the stores that went out of business last year…Ummm, could be wrong though and people can certainly advertise in The View and The Connector so don’t see the problem . I do see more signs for garage sales but that is normal anyway ![/quote]

It’s not Something Special, it’s actually Concrete and Envy doing the advertising. Tacky people they are!

But hey! they’re re-opening Peglegs and aren’t we all excited about that? They are SUCH smart business people…

Really? Is the restaurant going with a similar theme as last time? Opening date?

[quote=“Soggy”]

I thought they were one of the stores that went out of business last year…Ummm, could be wrong though and people can certainly advertise in The View and The Connector so don’t see the problem . I do see more signs for garage sales but that is normal anyway !

It’s not Something Special, it’s actually Concrete and Envy doing the advertising. Tacky people they are![/quote]

It is Something Special/Rock and Soul - shes advertising her pop-up stores.

I really can’t get past the seedy craigslist subject line. . .

It’s a side effect of working in newspapers for forty years. lol