A Dogs' Plea

It’ a little long but as were posting about dog crap on the other topic, I thought maybe someone would enjoy this…It is a bit of a tear jerker though  …A DOGS’ PLEA…
  Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no loving heart in the world is more grateful for kindness than mine…
Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I may lick your hands between blows, patience and understanding will more quickly teach me those things you wish for me to learn.
Speak to me often for your voice is my worlds’ sweetest music.
Please take me inside when it is cold and wet for I am a domesticated animal, no longer accustomed to the harsh elements.
  I ask no glory greater than to lay at your feet, nuzzling your caressing hands.
  Keep my pan filled with water for I cannot tell you when I am thirsty.
Feed me clean food that I may stay well to romp and play, to do your bidding,walk by your side and to stand ready, willing and able to protect you, should your life ever be in danger.
  And my loving friend, when I am very old and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me with you for though my LOVE shines, my spirit is weak.
  Please see that my life is taken gently…I shall leave our world we shared, my beloved friend, knowing with the last breath I draw, that my life was always safest in your hands.

This was given to me years ago…Hope you like it as much as I do…

I can only think of one dog that could have done this and that’s Brian, from The Family Guy. A different side of him, that’s for sure.

Now I think that was nice to read " A Dog’s Plea ". where would someone come across something like that? You are so right Max Power we could get something on Family Guy I am sure. By the way does anyone know if the Garage sale in still going on for the SPCA tomorrow, could not find anything in the paper.

Yes there is…Starts at 9…Darn paper, can’t be trusted to run an advert. They are too busy with election stuff  :unamused:

What did that dog say when it was being neutered?

OUCH!!!  WTF?!!!

I know!   Harsh! 
But if someone writes something from the pet’s point of view, shouldn’t all the little things that are done to pets to make them live with human company be considered?

Absolutely!  Agreed.

WTF… I thought you said Tutored!

Garage Sales aren’t happy events, per se, so unfortunately they don’t fall under the new course that the paper has embarked on.

Neither are obituaries unless you read them over coffee and you weren’t in there… :smiley:

Yeah, dogs are tools alright.