7.7 earthquake in Craig Alaska

I slept through this one. My wife saw the lamps swaying at 1:00; she said the quake was not as noticeable as the last one.

That’s exactly what I told my friend this morning.
Craziness

Latest aftershocks 4.2 and 4.4

earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ … 631776.php

earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ … 00eju7.php

Did not even feel this earthquake as slept right threw everything.

[quote=“windchime”]Silent night. Slept through tremors and tsunami threat where had we known we would have taken action for ourselves and our family. Our city must improve our emergency response. I have suggestions.
First, as emergency workers travel to downtown during their callout , they could honk their vehicle horns three blasts at a time. That would indicate a community hazard. We citizens could find out what was going on and put our family plan into action. We could help our neighbours. An informed populace is a calm populace. This would be a community wake-up call including the folk with limited access to social media.[/quote]

I agree on the emergency vehicles possibly doing something with the horns or sirens. Nobody in my household has a facebook account, so we would not even be aware of breaking news from people on there.

[quote=“Speedy”]

[quote=“windchime”]Silent night. Slept through tremors and tsunami threat where had we known we would have taken action for ourselves and our family. Our city must improve our emergency response. I have suggestions.
First, as emergency workers travel to downtown during their callout , they could honk their vehicle horns three blasts at a time. That would indicate a community hazard. We citizens could find out what was going on and put our family plan into action. We could help our neighbours. An informed populace is a calm populace. This would be a community wake-up call including the folk with limited access to social media.[/quote]

I agree on the emergency vehicles possibly doing something with the horns or sirens. Nobody in my household has a facebook account, so we would not even be aware of breaking news from people on there.[/quote]

One more siren for the people on Graham/Atlin to be displeased with.

Rupert has our had emergency sirens situated in various areas in Rupert.

[quote=“Sir Ryan of Last”]

I agree on the emergency vehicles possibly doing something with the horns or sirens. Nobody in my household has a facebook account, so we would not even be aware of breaking news from people on there.

One more siren for the people on Graham/Atlin to be displeased with.[/quote]

They may however be warming up to the idea of the Pinnacle Pellet Plant, makes a dandy breakwater for that part of town. I say Pinnacle Pellet Plants around the Island!!