$5 Million Mistake

It isn’t like I don’t agree with you, but this is what is being said out there.  If Rupert is ever going to get out from its financial difficulties, we need the right people at the table.  It is more than clear that we need people who are not asleep at the wheel. It is pretty alarming that you have a guy that has worked at the Credit Union 30+ years and loves to brag about it financially abilities, you have a councillor who runs the Hecate Strait Development, and you have an Interim Administrator for the Hospital who are somewhat clueless about the city;s operations and obviously didn’t bother to ask how the city had 5 million dollars more in revenue this year vs last…

[quote=“Council Watch”]
Almost sounds like it was intentional so that Herb wouldn’t have to find a real job… [/quote]

Give me a break. I’m not a huge fan of our mayor either but that’s stretching things.

Lighten up CrazyMike, it was meant to be a joke!!!

Was he really in Chicago though? On whose dime and for what purpose?

Good, does that mean that Rupertites won’t get suckered in again - when Pond and the incumbent council run a double campaign (“don’t break up the team”)?

I heard rumour that the management got raise’s this year .
If that’s true it’s intresting that they found there mess up after they pat themselves on the back but while they’re in contract negotiations with the union .
Personally , heads should roll over this either way .

they name the person who found the mistake, perhaps they would like to let us all know who screwed up in the first place. Accountability (ironic)

The daily news reported:

CITY LOSES $5M FROM BUDGET FOLLOWING ACCOUNTING ERROR
By Leanne Ritchie
The Daily News
Friday, September 21, 2007
Pages one and three

The city of Prince Rupert made a $5.1 million budgeting error and has had to cut its project list for 2007 in order to balance the books.

At a press conference on Thursday, city officials confirmed that, in the budget documents released in May, the utility revenues were counted twice, resulting in revenues being over estimated by $5.1 million.

But the utility revenues were not show as amended in the amended budget.

princerupert.ca/images/edito … 202007.pdf

e-prince rupert asks ? Have they fixed the 5.1M$ mistake?
e-princerupert.com/Prince_Ru … ision1.htm

and e-prince rupert asks  So where is the 5.1M$??
e-princerupert.com/Prince_Ru … lities.htm

Were the utility revenues counted twice ? If not was a new press release issued to explain the “logic” error ?

That website is painful on the eyes, dude.

Isn’t this from a year ago?

Yeah, the date of the article posted by factfinder is September 2007.