420/50

So with El Harpo in power and a whole bunch of my friend’s kids actually being charged with simple possession in the last year;
with Mark Emery being hauled off to jail and facing extradition on behalf of foreign agents and having broken no Canadian laws;
with meeting a new circle of friends, many of whom are professionals, of a similar mind that an entire lifetime of gov’t inaction is too much;
don’t be surprised if late next Friday afternoon there’s a funny smell coming from the bathroom or back office and some older guy in a suit and sunglasses who’s not working all that hard is really friendly, okay.

420 over 50

:cry:

I received a call from the NDP asking for funds.  I agreed to send them some.  I wonder if an election is coming soon?  I’m voting to send Nathan back to continue his good work. 
Harper is wrong for Canada in my opinion. :imp:

Maybe lobby him to resurrect Proposition 420?

I will be on the road at 4:20 pm on friday so please ignore the smoke billowing from my car it is not on fire.

LMAO, reefer madness. :smiley:

smoke weed everyday?

7/11 would run out of pizza pops.

LOL, no my drug is legal and of the malt variety.  Do you? :smiley:

I’m the same way… I believe in medicinal alcohol as an alternative to medicinal marijuana… the sauce helps correct a number of social and psychological conditions, as well as physical.

Basically, it makes me better at everything.

Same here, though I especially prefer the single malt variety :wink:

The scary thing is, single malts are more expensive than drugs  :astonished:

I have a few drugs of choice  :wink:

Agreed.  As my co-workers all know beer makes me smarter. :smiley:

Beer makes me slow/sluggish I prefer vodka.

Looking at the Pros and Cons…

Should Marijuana be Legalized under any Circumstances?

Yes

The drug generally isn’t more harmful than alcohol or tobacco if used in moderation.
Limiting the use of the drug intrudes on personal freedom.
Legalization would mean a lower price; thus, related crimes (like theft) would be reduced.
There are medical benefits such as the those for cancer patients.
Street justice related to drug disputes would be reduced.
It could be a source of additional tax revenues.
Police and court resources would be freed up for more serious crimes.
Drug dealers (including some terrorists) would lose most or all of their business.
The FDA or others could regulate the quality and safety of drugs.
Like sex, alcohol, or cigarettes, marijuana is one of life’s little pleasures for some people.
Drug busts often trap young people in a flawed system that turns them into lifelong criminals.

No

Marijuana is often used as a stepping-stone drug, leading to heroin, cocaine, or other harder drugs.
Stoned driving and other dangers would be increased.
Some consider use of the drug as morally wrong.
Legalization would increase the chances of the drug falling into the hands of kids.
Because of drug-related arrests, people who have committed or are likely to commit more serious crimes can be taken off the streets.
Physical damage would be done to users that abuse the drug.

balancedpolitics.org/marijua … zation.htm

Drawing a line would seperate it from other drugs. And don’t generalize that all people react the same, or that no one should be allowed to because ‘some people’ can’t handle it.

How? What objective proof that use would increase, what proof that if use increase abuse also increases?
Hell show some legitimate proof there is a link between marijuana and impaired driving, or at what level it impairs driving, or how to detect and prove that level if it does?

Some consider unmarried sex morally wrong. Their loss.

Ahh hah hah hah! Who’s using it now us old farts? Legalizing and distributing through the LCB would reduce that.

Yeah. You introduce them to the criminal element and line of thought. By pegging them as criminals, not because of the drug.

Like what? High blood pressure? Stress? A bong might fall from a shelf and whack them on the head?

Its ok you must be stoned

Nah, cranky. If I was stoned, I’d let it slide… :smiley:

Yeah, job stress will do that to you.  Man was I ever tired at the end of last week.  Back to work tomorrow.

Stress compounded now by being a Canucks fan for the las 37 years!
Why does everything (work, finances, family, even sports entertainment) have to be such a fucking ordeal?
Why do the Canucks have to dig themselves into a hole first and end up in a 7th game OT situation every damn time? Do the main players have secret clauses in their contracts that force them to stop scoring (or hitting) post season?