40 years ago (Portugal vs England)

Well now we get to look forward to a Germany vs France final (sorry but I’m a confirmed Germany fan) … I was hoping for a Germany vs England final so that I could gloat over all my English friends in Rupert when Germany won …

I don’t see how Portugal can get past France, though that would be okay too since I have many Portugese friends …

As for Italy managing to beat Germany, doesn’t look too likely, though Germany have never defeated Italy in a World Cup game …

Heh, I bet Christiano Ronaldo leaves Manchester United, especially since Rooney’s still there.  Ronaldo will probably move to Madrid like all the other superstars.

Well I’ll dump this little link here since it’s a soccer related thing and well you seem to be the soccer fanatics here…

At any rate I no speako the lingo, but I"m thinking this fellow was a fan of Argentina

supermundial2006.blogspot.com/

This also means that he probably won’t be posting much anymore, but some interesting photos to tide ya’all over till the big matches on the pitches…

Shhhhh!!!

Nobody tell Mig the score from today’s game!!!

No need to worry, Mig predicted it “But if that’s the case, then Portugal’s in for big trouble with France – they’ve never beaten France in the past.” 

Italia!  :smiley: Italia!  :smiley:

I’m sad Portugal lost today.  I was looking forward to an Italy - Portugal final so Rupert would go crazy like they do come NHL playoff time.  It’s cool to see all the Italy and Portugal flags flying around Rupert right now.

In case you didn’t know… Athletes World has Italy, Portugal, England, Germany, Brazil and Netherlands tee shirts and hats left for $20 each :smiley:

Hmm, with the exception of Italy, shouldn’t the rest all be in the discontinued bin by now!!!  :imp:

Here’s a pretty funny take on the Ronaldo/Rooney debates…

You’d think so, but our prices usually only change on tuesdays, so maybe next week they’ll be $14.99 or $9.99.

I was sad they lost, I’ve been away for 5 days, so I didn’t even get to watch the game.

But I hear it’s a good game anyway, so perhaps I’ll watch it later today.

Heh. “Ronaldo wants transfer to Spain.”

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal … 120332.stm

Sad that the English press want to blame Ronaldo for Rooney’s actions.  The English are the biggest sore losers.